Daily Check In May 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 15, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Beautiful day and I am getting another cup of coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 15, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Last night Hubby and I sat by the firepit. It was quiet and still, just perfect. We both said that we needed to do that a bit more often this summer. If we can't travel anywhere we may as well enjoy what we have.

I am pretty much ready to start planting and will begin with the front first. Not a great deal goes there but having that finished will use up some of my plants. Then I need to plant some bulbs that I should have planted long ago in the center perennial garden. Perhaps even the two large hanging baskets will get done as well. That will be more than enough for day one of planting. Actually I am pretty hopeful of getting what I have into the pots, planters and baskets quickly so as to enable me to see what I need to finish things off.

Yesterday I shortened the shirt for my friends dad, and managed to cut and pin the pants. I will get the pants done early and take both over to my friends when I am done.

Frugally there will be no spending today. I will be baking a loaf of bread, walking and planting for exercise and all meals will be made from what I have on hand here at home. I will also phone my brother (do so every Saturday) to see what is happening with him.

Supper tonight could be a mismatch of meals. I have a small amount of ham left, some jambalaya, and lots of salad. I may boil an egg or two, and with the ham and salad make a portion of a type of chef's salad for me and let Hubby have the jambalaya.

Today I am grateful that the weather is nice enough to plant in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I've been to the grocery and back. Groceries are put away.

In a couple hours I will go put the car seats in my car and head down to DS1's. I was moving fabric off the spare bed and turned off the power strip at my desk to prevent them from playing with the motor to lift the desk up and down. (No writing on my ceiling!)

I bought some muffin mix and Cinnamon rolls in the tube for breakfast. They are not fans of eggs, but they will enjoy helping. Then maybe we'll go visit the great-grandparents before Dad comes to get them.

So In a couple of hours I will put the car seats in my car and head down for lunch.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day, low 70s.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’ve already had a somewhat hectic morning. The paper the painters put on my door earlier this week said they work Monday-Friday, but 8:15 this morning I heard them out there. I imagine it is to make up for the lost time because of the light rain on Thursday. But of course I had parked in my carport last night and moved my plants back outside so I had to scramble to get dressed, move my car and move the plants. Luckily there was a guest parking space empty nearby, closer than where I’ve parked the past few days. I also put out my regular trash and my shredding plus put my donations into the car for today or Monday.

Publix has announced no more masks for employees or customers who are fully vaccinated. With customers, how can they tell? I’m sure that the anti-maskers who are vaccinated or not are now happy. I do not think this CDC decision will lead to a lot more vaccinations. (Ohio’s $1 million lottery prize for those who are vaccinated will have a bigger impact.) I’m going to continue wearing a mask in Publix. Yesterday I ordered three more of the masks that don’t make my glasses fog up.

I’m going to have a lazy day and might declutter my underwear and sock drawer. I also have a plastic box of dressy blouses on my closet shelf and will pull that down and probably donate all of them. At mom’s house yesterday I pulled down some dishes and casserole dishes to donate.

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up and busy, chilly this morning but temps are rising fast, doing bits and pieces of yardwork today.
Usual house chores will be done this AM...almost done now.

1 load of laundry to do and hang, I grilled extra chicken last night, so planning salad and grilled chicken for today.

I noticed a small gap around a vent pipe, so will stuff it with steel wool and then put caulk around it.
I also saw a chipmonk run behind some potted plants on the back deck so they need moved and put somewhere else. I do not need a chipmonk chewing into my house and they will.... :roll:

Off to do something and get my day started.

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All. It's a beautiful warm day - finally - so grateful! I've been knocking off surveys one after the other, all morning - so I consider that productive. All I have in the way of housework today is a good sweep and vacuum of the kitchen and connecting "great room" (it's not that great, lol).

Will do some cooking for the coming week either today or tomorrow. My plan for this afternoon is to put my outdoor lounge chair in the back yard and enjoy reading my book in the sunshine. I'm purposely taking more time to relax and trying not to feel like every minute has to be productive. I am so TIRED and I need more down time.

Hope you all have a happy day and blessed weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz