Daily Check in May 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in May 24, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home and have had some cold roasted chicken and a small glass of red wine. DH has gone to see about Homeless Buddy, who just got out of the hospital again. He was in a few days ago for his back, in Hospital #1and the ER there prescribed him steroids, which diabetics should not take because it drives up blood sugar, and that put him in Hospital #2 with sky-high blood sugar. That hospital kept him for two days this time but did get his blood sugar under control and gave him prescriptions for adequate pain and nausea relief.

Work today was kind of grueling. I slogged through a pile of files that would have been 9 feet tall if stacked up. The air conditioning in the office went out and it was very hot. The fun part of my day was watching a very young rabbit hiding under a hedge who was watching me through the window. Such a cute little thing! It had found a cool, safe spot to watch the world.

And that's about it. I did buy a cold soda this afternoon because it was too hot for coffee for my 3 p.m. pick-me-up. Lunch was Saturday's leftovers with a side dish of yogurt and berries -- yum!
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Creative and others, even though we aren't locked down like you are ...it is still anxiety producing to be out and around for me. I pray that someday I can get over this ...sometimes it manifests as an almost crushing sadness., I guess I just really miss the way it used to be.

I did get the lower floor dusted ...DD2 brought 3 huge totes of clothes for us to go thru...a friend at work wanted us to go thru them before her yard sale ...we went thru 3 last week...the woman is a shopper!
I picked out very few pieces, I don't need a lot and won't keep anything unless it is something needed. Today i picked 3 tops and 3 pairs of shorts.... I have it in the washer now, it was all freshly laundered but I may be allergic to her detergent....the smell of it makes me sneeze repeatedly.

DD2 kept a lot of it, she is a clothes hound. LOL I am pickier about the fabrics and fit....
Plus she works and I am retired, I don't need as much as she thinks she does.

I grilled burgers for supper, DD took hers to go...

I need to empty the dishwasher and clean the kitchen mess from supper...it's not bad just needs done.

JCKitty

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

jckitty wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:58 am
Hello all,
Trouble getting to sleep again but it is what it is. :roll: I am in a cycle and evidently need to ride it out.

Clem, I do believe that getting more anxious as you age is normal. At least it is for me also. The pandemic made it so much worse for me, combined with the election cycle.

I need to go to town today, flowers for the cemetery and a quick stop at the DG....I am making dog food right now so when it is done, I will make myself go.

This afternoon I need to dust, my least favorite job...but it needs done.
Supposed to get really hot today and a cool down later this week and rain coming in.

Just got back from my errands...I must be losing it because I did not realize I hadn't finished this post :?
I get sidetracked so easily these days....

I drove dads car in town and It's a good thing, I hadn't driven it in so long the battery was getting low. I do so much hauling that I just naturally jump into the SUV . I will start taking the car to ball games.

It is getting very hot and humid already.
Now I really am finishing this post and getting stuff done.

JCKitty
How do you make dog food?