Daily Check in May 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 25, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,
Jackie so praying for good news.

I got up and took myself over to the Y and walked on the walking track for 30 minutes. I like to walk in the evenings but it is easy to get sidetracked.

Not much else is new. After work I need to run over to Sam's Club and fill up with gas.

I got my car title in the mail yesterday. Actually I need to go to the title office and get the lien taken off. Maybe on my Memorial Day holiday on Wednesday.

Not much else happening,
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 25, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I will be waking Hubby up shortly and preparing to leave. It is pretty windy and cloudy out and I am thinking of hauling the garbage bin back in as leaving it out could cause problems....bin blowing down the road.

We will be heading to the city via a new route, or at least one we don't use too often. Our usual route is just one mass of construction right now. Perhaps we will see some interesting sights.

Supper today is ???????? Guess it depends on what time we get home and what news I get. Once home we will need to cover all the plants as well (frost warning tonight).

Today I am grateful that youngest DS will be home tomorrow for a few days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:14 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I will be waking Hubby up shortly and preparing to leave. It is pretty windy and cloudy out and I am thinking of hauling the garbage bin back in as leaving it out could cause problems....bin blowing down the road.

We will be heading to the city via a new route, or at least one we don't use too often. Our usual route is just one mass of construction right now. Perhaps we will see some interesting sights.

Supper today is ???????? Guess it depends on what time we get home and what news I get. Once home we will need to cover all the plants as well (frost warning tonight).

Today I am grateful that youngest DS will be home tomorrow for a few days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie,
I hope you get good news. It caused me much anxiety waiting for my results and I was a wreck waiting in the doctor's office. I know it's been difficult for you. Praying you get good news and can hit Michaels and Fabricland!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Was coming off a "high" from Sunday after having lost the first 1-1/2 lbs from my weight loss effort. Was happy to get the motivation to continue.

But later I got a really bad scare. I had to pick up a prescription from the drugstore and was starting to slow down for the turn on to the street (approx. 200-300 feet away) when all of a sudden a black car came flying out of it and into the plate glass window of a car repair shop. It took barely a second for it to cross the street so the speed of the car had to be 70 or 80 mph. If I hadn't been delayed in going through a traffic light near the shopping center, it might have been me she hit. It left me shaking and my blood pressure soaring through the roof.

Not quite sure how she managed to go through the repair shop the way she did because the street does not directly face it and then there is an electric pole on the corner as well as a stop sign . . . somehow the car had to have turned right. The woman driving the car didn't appear to be too badly hurt, but someone in the shop was far more seriously. She told the police officer that she felt the car accelerate and couldn't stop it; she must have stepped on the gas instead of the brake.

Well I said several prayers and will continue to thank the good Lord and all of my guardian angels.

I was too shook to participate in a Zoom chat after that, but had regained my composure by the time I was to leave for my coloring group.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Tue May 25, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up too early this morning. At 5:30 so I got up.

Breakfast was oatmeal and blueberries. I need to finish emptying the dishwasher. I already washed my nut jar so I can refill it when it is dry.

I found a missing bunny, I have been looking on the floor and couldn’t find it. It wasn’t on the floor it had gone the other direction and was behind another bunny.

I have fabric for another maybe 2 tiny tote bags. I got a lot from the trimmings from those dresses. I am so glad that I saved it. it was fabric I normally would have pitched. They have been so much fun to make.

I do need to empty the dishwasher. I also want to cut out several patterns if I can. That is going to be a lot of stand up sit down.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Jackie, praying for an excellent review for you!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Logics, no wonder your BP went up!!! I sure hope she wasn't on her cell phone...even though it is illegal here I see it all the time...
IF I go somewhere I always text my group that I will be AFK so they know not to call or text while I am driving. IF I were to get a call, I don't answer, I pull over and deal with it.

I am up and getting some stuff done, it is warm already and they are saying possibly rain tonight. We may also have a wet weekend, I really wanted to spend some time in the camper but if it rains...not fun...we shall see.

I need to water and groom the houseplants that are still in the house and water some outside.
Off to get something done.

JCKitty