Daily Check in May 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in May 28, 2021

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

A sunny, hot day has dawned upon us here in northeastern Utah. I awoke very early, about 4am, then stayed awake becasue Dh started muttering to me around 5am. :(

I have done my echocardiogram, got a couple of places secured for seating tonight at UHS graduation for ds18, and gotten most of my utility bills paid online. Now I want a nap.

I have also gotten a few important phone calls made regarding August breast cancer check-up, a referral to local nuerology office, and secured a spot at the "Pioneer Arts Demonstration" happening next weekend at a 1800's-type ranch in the Mtns.

I'm going to grab lunch (from fridge) and run to town in a few minutes when this is posted. I want to see if I can get a banner & balloons to hang outside for ds18.

Then hopefully a shower and a short nap.

See you all later.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Hello friends,

A sunny, hot day has dawned upon us here in northeastern Utah. I awoke very early, about 4am, then stayed awake becasue Dh started muttering to me around 5am. :(

I have done my echocardiogram, got a couple of places secured for seating tonight at UHS graduation for ds18, and gotten most of my utility bills paid online. Now I want a nap.

I have also gotten a few important phone calls made regarding August breast cancer check-up, a referral to local nuerology office, and secured a spot at the "Pioneer Arts Demonstration" happening next weekend at a 1800's-type ranch in the Mtns.

I'm going to grab lunch (from fridge) and run to town in a few minutes when this is posted. I want to see if I can get a banner & balloons to hang outside for ds18.

See you all later.
Gayle, congratulations to your son!

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Traffic, traffic, traffic!

I’m home from Pippi’s vet appointment. I only gave Pippi less than 1/4 sedative so she grumbled to the vet nurse but did OK. Earlier I went to mom’s house to put the trash can back in the garage. The trash people had not come yet so I did a few things at the house. Getting out of mom’s neighborhood was a pain because the right lane on the main road was blocked off. Further up the road the lane has been blocked because they are rebuilding a restaurant. So I decided to go a back way through a shopping center. Big mistake. I’m not sure what happened but I was stuck on a narrow road with cars, a fire truck and a FedEx truck. Some cars had to back up. (Glad that wasn’t me because I’m a poor backer.) I know I keep whining about the roads but the construction never seems to end.

Looking forward to a restful evening.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 am
Good Morning Maggie and all Frugal Friends. Maggie, that is sad news about your cousin's dad and your coworker's ex.

Cooler here too this morning - I'm hoping for good weather for our horseback riding adventure tomorrow.

My terrible neighbor has cleaned out, packed up and gone, praise heaven! My daughter and I were not surprised to discover that he left his cat behind. He stopped letting the cat indoors and stopped feeding it a couple of weeks ago. The poor thing seems lost - looking for the neighbor, looking for his dog friends. Of course he has been taking his meals here and we will provide a shelter for him when winter comes around again. I hope that when someone else moves into that house, to be able to explain the situation and ask for their patience with the cat if he hangs around there.

I have the day off again - so another 4-day weekend. With one coworker on leave and another position vacant, this is the only way I'm going to get any time off for the whole year.

Off to browse the forum and catch up on surveys, etc. Have a good holiday weekend!
What a miserable person to leave his cat behind. Just miserable.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 am
Good morning all

Feeling better today. Slept well. Did have to get up about 3:30 to check on elder dog. He was okay.

Had weird dreams. Some that I have had before several times. Has this happened to anyone?

It is another overcast day - but yuck - humid. Everything is very green due to all the rain we had this month. But my vacant neighbor's house looks terrible. The grassy weeds are at least 3 ft or taller. The city did send out a notice, but nothing so far

Maybe this weekend. They usually come out once a month or so to mow.

Today will do the usual tasks. But later on will attend a birthday/graduation party for grand niece. The ones that are living in the family house.

Have a great day.
Clem..I have had a few different dreams several times. One dream in particular..when I start to dream it..in my sleep it is like....oh...I know where I am. Very weird. It is a place I have never actually been to.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Hello friends,

See you all later.
Congratulations to the graduate!!!