Daily Check in May 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 28, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Woke up to rain and cooler temperatures for about the next week. Bad for pools opening. But it will be nice for visiting the Zoo tomorrow afternoon. You have to reserve your spot. Apparently our arrival time is between 2 & 2:30.

Saw on Facebook that my cousin's son lost his bio-Dad. And then a co-worker pinged that his Ex suffered an OD and his son is upset, so he was going to deal with that situation. Wow!

I have laundry going per usual on a Friday Morning. I stripped my bed and put a clean set of sheets on it.

Have a great day,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in May 28, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Owned, thanks the the tip about OdoBan. I see that Walmart has it. I’ve been planning to do a Walmart pickup order next week. The baking soda helped the smell in my carpet but it is still there a bit.

Pippi is better. She perked up late yesterday afternoon and is good this morning and ate a good breakfast. The vet recently weighed her and I thought she might have gained but she had lost a small amount. I’m not sure the Mirataz appetite gel is helping and I may try not using it today. I think it might upset her system (a guess).

Yesterday I didn’t plan to water at mom’s house but I did a bit. Everything is so dry. There is a chance we’ll get rain this weekend.

I’m going to start going through my jewelry. It is mostly all costume jewelry. I’m not at all a jewelry person but somehow I’ve ended up with quite a lot.

I ordered the garden hose I saw online and also three pair of gardening gloves. I can tell the gloves are not the quality of my one remaining pair of gloves but they’ll be something and look better than the ones I’ve found in the store.

I stopped at Wendy’s to get a Frosty yesterday and had to wait at the drive through and could really look at the menu. Prices have really gone up! What struck me were the salads which I sometimes buy. The “regular” size are $9.79, up from around $7 when I last bought one. I almost always had a $2 coupon and now the coupons are $1. No thanks!

Wish we’d hear from Patty.

Have a good day.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Maggie and all Frugal Friends. Maggie, that is sad news about your cousin's dad and your coworker's ex.

Cooler here too this morning - I'm hoping for good weather for our horseback riding adventure tomorrow.

My terrible neighbor has cleaned out, packed up and gone, praise heaven! My daughter and I were not surprised to discover that he left his cat behind. He stopped letting the cat indoors and stopped feeding it a couple of weeks ago. The poor thing seems lost - looking for the neighbor, looking for his dog friends. Of course he has been taking his meals here and we will provide a shelter for him when winter comes around again. I hope that when someone else moves into that house, to be able to explain the situation and ask for their patience with the cat if he hangs around there.

I have the day off again - so another 4-day weekend. With one coworker on leave and another position vacant, this is the only way I'm going to get any time off for the whole year.

Off to browse the forum and catch up on surveys, etc. Have a good holiday weekend!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, and this should hopefully be the last of the near frost mornings. Hubby and I did not cover anything last night so we are both hoping all is okay with the plants. Once the weather warms up we (well guess I should say Hubby) will plant the eggplants youngest DS brought home for me.

Today will be the last full day that DS is home. He plans to head back up to his apartment on Saturday (probably the morning sometime knowing him) and start moving things back into place. That gives him some time to put things in order before he goes to work on Monday. Perhaps even get all back as I know I find it much easier to put back than take out.

I plan on making a loaf of bread for DS to take with him, and perhaps find the time to make another banana bread (he can take half and we will freeze half). If there are lots of chocolate covered strawberries well he can take some of those as well as he helped make them.

So DS's care package will be ready to go.

Both Hubby and he will be heading out fishing today. Bonding time. I had to giggle to myself when Hubby asked DS if he wasn't fished out yet? I don't think anything could make him not want to go fishing. Well perhaps a blizzard.

My friend gave me another three pants to hem for her Dad, but the way he complains do I even want to. To make matters worse these are made of very light knit (think cheap sleep pants) and are a bugger to cut straight and the hems never look nice. I am dreading doing these.

I am hoping to clean off the deck today as I have finished planting for the year. It isn't as I had pictured it, but will have to do. Next year more large pots will be used and those will be used for perhaps veggies or more herbs.

Hubby got his rebate from the insurance company on his vehicle. He got a tidy sum back as well. I was going to give it all to the Salvation Army Food bank but am reconsidering as the two rebates add up to almost the new vehicle payment. I will instead give the Food Bank some food (clear out my pantry a bit as well) and a smaller cheque a bit later.

Other than the baking I plan on hopefully finishing off the temperature blanket. I am on December right now and if I work hard should be able to get it completed. Fingers crossed.

I should also phone our car dealership and get my vehicle in for an oil change. Early next week.

Supper tonight was going to be glace, but I think I just may change things up a bit and have something on the BBQ. Saves me have loads of pots and pans to clear up. Perhaps chicken breasts, I wonder how those tasted smoked.....

Today I am grateful for the boost that coffee gives me each morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 am
Good Morning Maggie and all Frugal Friends. Maggie, that is sad news about your cousin's dad and your coworker's ex.

Cooler here too this morning - I'm hoping for good weather for our horseback riding adventure tomorrow.

My terrible neighbor has cleaned out, packed up and gone, praise heaven! My daughter and I were not surprised to discover that he left his cat behind. He stopped letting the cat indoors and stopped feeding it a couple of weeks ago. The poor thing seems lost - looking for the neighbor, looking for his dog friends. Of course he has been taking his meals here and we will provide a shelter for him when winter comes around again. I hope that when someone else moves into that house, to be able to explain the situation and ask for their patience with the cat if he hangs around there.

I have the day off again - so another 4-day weekend. With one coworker on leave and another position vacant, this is the only way I'm going to get any time off for the whole year.

Off to browse the forum and catch up on surveys, etc. Have a good holiday weekend!
How terribly cruel of that neighbour. To leave an animal that is used to being fed and sheltered on it's own is horrible.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:39 am
How terribly cruel of that neighbour. To leave an animal that is used to being fed and sheltered on it's own is horrible.
Jackie, it has just about broken our hearts and I LOST IT when my daughter picked the cat up and whispered to him "it's okay buddy, we'll take care of you." Part of me wants to report this - but it wouldn't change anything except maybe get the cat taken to the shelter - which - maybe would be best for him in the long run - it's so hard to know. Plus - if you are willing to feed and shelter a random cat - our town's law says it becomes yours - so it's probably a little late for that.