Daily Check in June 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in June 2, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy day to our birthday girls!

I am home from work, having eaten a cold meatloaf sandwich for supper with watermelon on the side. Yum!

Work is giving the arthritis in my hands quite a workout. I am having to pull files in cardboard covers out of these huge cabinet drawers, go through each file, mark the date on the outside with a Magic Marker, separate out all the ones for a certain year for shredding and then refile them. Laid end to end, the drawers would be 1,500 feet long, so we are talking many thousands of files. When I finish dating and culling them, I have to move them around to consolidate space in the drawers and relabel the cabinets.

It is quite mind-numbing and would have been a perfect job for a summer worker, instead of a senior citizen who goes home stove up every day from lifting and twisting. Yeesh. I usually fall asleep on the sofa before 7 pm.

Glad you got your shot booked, Jackie. Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:49 pm Update

Hubby and I are both booked for our second shots finally!!!! Did the happy dance once it was all completed.
YAy!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:38 pm Update:

Banana pudding done and since I had egg whites to use from making the custard I went ahead and made an 8 egg white angel food cake....once again I don't like it but family does.

I made some bacon also to put on salads....I make my version of the cranberry- pecan, chicken topped salad that they have at Bob Evans. But I use my homemade orange salad dressing.

It has rained all afternoon, soft and soaking rain...the woods is a lush shimmering green.

Kitchen mess is cleaned up and I will need to do floors tomorrow...

JCKitty
OHHH that all sounds yummy! Can we have the recipes please-esp the orange salad dressing and chicken salad!!! Great for a hot day!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:49 pm Update

Hubby and I are both booked for our second shots finally!!!! Did the happy dance once it was all completed.
GREAT!!! You will feel much more at ease after you are vaccinated and protected!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

OK UPDATE:

Lol I SURVIVED ZUMBA!!! Near the end I was starting to wonder and look at where the clocks are to see are we done YET!? NO clocks-like why don't they have clocks!? So my butt had a mind of its own-I am sure I was trying to move it the way the instructor was moving it, BUT it certainly looked like it was doing its own thing! My left sciatica acted up near the end too and it was kind of daunting looking at the looong stairs down to the first floor after the class! BUT overall, it was FUN!!!

And the people there were soooo nice and friendly. They were welcoming and encouraging too! The best thing was there actually were ALL types of people. I liked some of their outfits actually I have to really get something to wear-even grandma looked cute and sporty-my look was like I was going to clean out the garage look! There was one that was a grandma (that looked like my mom) and she had a nice toned body actually! She danced well.

There was an elderly man in front of me (I had an over 6 foot guy in front of me and the elderly man, so I had to strain to see the instructor-I told you all I was going to be in the back at the end! Well, in a way it was good lol no one could see MY moves, like I said my body and butt had a mind of its own and doing its own thing! The elderly man at least he could move(I hope I can do that when I am his age!)-he looked like in his 80s-I was thinking maybe I need to brush up on my CPR skills :shock: !!!

One girl I spoke with who was nicely tone and muscular slim physique-she told me she takes three classes back to back-cycling, zumba and barre fusion. I would love to do that if I could, but I think I better be prudent and start off slow. The reason I like classes is once I am in there it is like I am kind of trapped and cannot give up, so I have to plow through it. I am looking forward to the other classes now. We will see if I can move tomorrow. The best thing is even though I felt drained at the end of class,the REST of the day I had energy to clean up the house and things I have not even cleaned for a bit and needed to be cleaned!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy Birthday Clem. May you have many, many more. Glad you had a good day.
Janet Alliesmama