Daily Check in June 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in June 2, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Happy Birthday to those that celebrate.
Grey and gloomy again today, it acts like it wants to rain but have seen nothing yet. Yard needs mowed but too wet and the grass is too wet to mow correctly.

I just put in an insta cart Aldi's order....stuff for ribs and I am going to make my son in law a banana pudding, bleckkk I don't like it at all but he does and I am happy to do it for him. He is like a super son to me...
I have made lists and plans for camping this weekend, have my portable AC units charging now and we will be using/testing them this weekend. If they do not work to my satisfaction I WILL be sending them back.
I really hope they work well as I can charge them using my battery pack which is awesome. I take it to the camper every time I go because it can also charge cell phones, and other things including my laptop! I never take the laptop but I could LOL.

I spent all of yesterday afternoon reading....LOL I had my chores done, could have done extra stuff but it was so gloomy that I wiled the afternoon away reading....that's my story and I am sticking to it!

On a side note, has anyone here ever tried the Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer from Aldi's? It makes the best iced coffee, Frappuccino drink with cold coffee. But be warned it is sweet so do not add extra sugar unless you like super sweet.

Off to prep for my grocery order...I do love instacart!
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Hubby and I are both booked for our second shots finally!!!! Did the happy dance once it was all completed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy birthday to spend and Clem. Taco money...I love it.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Banana pudding done and since I had egg whites to use from making the custard I went ahead and made an 8 egg white angel food cake....once again I don't like it but family does.

I made some bacon also to put on salads....I make my version of the cranberry- pecan, chicken topped salad that they have at Bob Evans. But I use my homemade orange salad dressing.

It has rained all afternoon, soft and soaking rain...the woods is a lush shimmering green.

Kitchen mess is cleaned up and I will need to do floors tomorrow...

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Friends. Had another good day at work. I'm playing a never-ending game of catch up that won't end until my coworker returns in September. I'm managing though. It's still on the cool side here but I heard today that temps will be in the 90's next week. I'll take it and be thankful. I need to get my flower bed ready for planting.

Nothing new or interesting going on here - that's not all bad! Hope you all are having a good week. Off to eat supper and walk the dogs.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got my cake and the grass is being cut - so all is good for my birthday!!!!