Daily Check In June 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. I will be right back after getting a coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Thursday June 3 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Wake up sleepy heads! Got up at 3 to let dogs out. Anyone want a Pomeranian? He lets everyone know he is awake and wants to go out. Decided to stay up and take a nap later as I think no one will be by today. Son in law was here all day yesterday trying to figure out daughters insurance. Since she got a raise in her disability Pay when her dad died, she lost most of her benefits for insurance. I can understand why people don’t try to work if the are going to lose more than they make. Have a nice day!
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Didn’t see your post so move mine or delegate it
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Yesterday and for the next 3 days we will be under a heat advisory. Yep, yesterday we almost reached 30 C (or close to 80 ...for June that is hot) and the next few days are supposed to be mid 30 C temperatures or higher. Now I can take the heat if there is a gradual increase, but jumping close to 20 degrees (degrees Celsius that is) is in no way a gradual increase. Our AC is running pretty much steadily, and even though we get to open windows for awhile in the late night I miss the fresh air that usually moves through the house this month. We also need more rain and this hot weather is not going to help with that at all.

Yesterday I took my small lemon trees outside. Right now they just look like twigs but hopefully my two little plants started from seeds will take off and flourish. I plan on keeping them potted and bringing them in during our cold winters.

Grocery shopping day today and that will be taken care of right after my walk this morning. One good thing about early morning walks is that they beat the worst of the heat and get me moving for the rest of the day. I am to look for a replacement plant for the calla lily that Hubby broke in his haste to get his leaf covered lattice on. Doubt if I will find one, but I will look anyway.

Once home from my walk and grocery shopping I plan on getting those pants hemmed for my friends father. I would really like to hand them over to her today or tomorrow. Today could be pushing it a bit.

Other frugal happenings will be the usual.

I will of course be shopping with a list and there are a few cleaning/personal care items I need that I actually have a coupon for. Still prices have gone up so much that I know I will be shocked at the total.

I sort of giggle at my friends Hubby when he asks how much I have spent on groceries for the week and I tell him. Usually he says that I spend way too much (and some weeks I do), that he never spends that much. Friends Hubby usually goes shopping every second day and comes home with 4 or 5 bags of groceries each time. I have a feeling if he added up all his little shopping trips done to get out of the house, as well as those my friend does cause her Hubby has forgotten something, the total would more than eclipse what I spend. I just giggle to myself, agree with him and move on to another subject.

I have my nice clean vehicle back now. Free oil change, and free wash. My contract calls for one more free oil change and then I will have to start to pay for them.

Supper tonight is going to be the remainder of the chicken thighs along with more rice and I figure on cooking some asparagus as well.

Today I am grateful that I usually get an early start to the day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:19 am Didn’t see your post so move mine or delegate it
Moved it into the thread.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is another sunny day with no rain.

I plan to wait until late in the day to go to mom’s house where I’ll water the front yard as best I can and put out the yard debris from the other day for tomorrow’s pickup. I didn’t get to Publix yesterday so I’ll go to the Publix near mom’s house and put in a few paper Rx and buy the things on my list minus the sale items that have now expired.

Yesterday I couldn’t pull myself away from my puzzle. I did do some decluttering and shredding. Mom was a paper pack rat like me and I have a box of old income tax back to the 1970s. I found it at her house after she died and just stuffed it in my closet until now. Maybe I don’t need to shred everything but I’m going to because I don’t think it’s a good idea to just discard so many documents most of which have her SS number and a lot with my dad’s SS number, too.

Have a good day.