Daily Check in June 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 4, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm Hi Everyone. My DH is diagnosed with a stage one/borderline stage two melanoma. We have a consultation with a surgeon this coming Tuesday. Been busy making all the appointments.
I will keep your DH and you in my prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Trees, praying for you and hubby, glad you are on it.

I have been on a dead run all day...mowed first thing this morning...all done and looks great. The front acre looked like a hay field but that is what happens when it rains so much and I can't mow wet grass.

I have been cooking and prepping for the camper weekend all day, we will leave probably about 2 PM or so...I will make mac and cheese and baked beans in the AM for reheating on the fire. We are going to have a campfire feast!!!
DD2 is super excited to be going also, she is now officially divorced and needs to get away and chill.
It was amicable, at least as far as it could be. But sad nonetheless... she seems fine but needs family around her.

I am taking a book and a bottle of wine and I plan on a restful time. Plus play in the creek!

It is hot today and I am so thankful for the central AC!!!!

Off to read.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went and harvested my veggies

mMmmm - Roma tomatoes, early girl, Cherokee purple, better boy, grape tomatoes and black cherry.

Bell peppers - finally grew some decent sized ones. squash, jalapeños.

Took them to my brother. I promised them some. His wife will be very happy.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm Hi Everyone. My DH is diagnosed with a stage one/borderline stage two melanoma. We have a consultation with a surgeon this coming Tuesday. Been busy making all the appointments.
Big hug.

Looks like things are proceeding quickly. That is good

My sister was diagnosed with lymphoma, but to me, the treatment is just dragging. For now they are just going to watch it.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal friends. I am home from work and so tired. Been pushing hard to finish the huge project of culling old paper records and getting the filing cabinets organized. These cabinets are taller than I am with drawers at least a yard wide. Today I completed six drawers and filled two large boxes to overflowing with records to be shredded.

I had hoped to finish the project today, but still have 2/3 of a drawer to go on Monday. It is surprisingly physical work (paper in quantity is heavy) and I got quite hot and sweaty by afternoon. Wearing a polyester uniform shirt did not help and made me decide that the shirt is not going to be daily attire. I will wear it when leading tours and be comfortable in my regular cotton blouses the rest of the time.

Homeless Buddy is in the hospital and we thought he was going to need spinal surgery, as one of his legs became partially paralyzed. It turned out to be a big arterial blockage where the aorta splits to supply the legs. Although that's serious, it's not as scary as spinal surgery in his book. I have to call him later to get the details about his surgery date.

Trees, I am glad your husband's melanoma was caught pretty early. Hope all goes well for you both. (((Hugs)))
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got my call from the Cancer Clinic/oncologist today. I have an appointment for a consult/tests on the 9th of this month.

Sure hope my OB/GYN was correct and I do not need any treatment. Not telling the boys until I have something concrete to tell them. No need to worry them if it turns out to be nothing except a yearly check up.

Have a funny feeling that I am going to have another fairly sleepless night. I am almost tempted to send Hubby to buy supper...... Except I have everything out and pretty much ready to go.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/