Daily Check in June 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 4, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!

The sun is shining. Not sure if it will rain again, but for now it is clear.

Slept okay but really wanted to sleep later, but the pack had to go out.

Thinking of going to get a fish sandwich for lunch. Have to go to the store to get milk. The COD drank what was left of mine. Will get him some also.

Have to check my tomato plants today. And do some mopping.

Have a great day!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi Everyone. My DH is diagnosed with a stage one/borderline stage two melanoma. We have a consultation with a surgeon this coming Tuesday. Been busy making all the appointments.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

For both of you.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm Hi Everyone. My DH is diagnosed with a stage one/borderline stage two melanoma. We have a consultation with a surgeon this coming Tuesday. Been busy making all the appointments.
I’m so sorry, Trees. It sounds like you are taking the bull by the horns and moving fast to treat it. All the best to you and DH. (((Hugs)))

P.S. This should be a wake-up call to me. I’m not nearly as diligent with sunscreen as I should be, especially here in the brutal sun.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

First of all belated birthday wishes for Penny on June 1st and to Clemencia who shares the same day with me on June 2nd. Thanks for all the birthday wishes! So kind of you all to remember me. I decided to take a few days off from the news and social media. The terrible discovery in Kamloops was so disturbing. And the fact that students won’t be returning to school yet are allowed to attend summer camps and daycare one day after school is dismissed makes absolutely no sense at all! Still under complete lockdown until June 14 when the situation will be reevaluated.

I did have a lovely birthday celebration with Dh and Dd2 who spoilt me with a lovely strawberry cream cake (the remainder of which I have put in the freezer to enjoy at a later time) and some cute gifts. I received a phone call from Dd1, she never forgets.

Dd1 and her Bf are now officially homeowners! The secondary inspection revealed the minor crack in the foundation was sealed and repaired correctly and no structural damage. The other repairs are being completed so all that needs to be done is negotiating a purchase date. Needless to say Dd1 is very relieved!

I have been a bit of a walking disaster today! First off I went to make Jackie’s bread only to discover I am short a bit of honey. So I topped it up with corn syrup and maple syrup. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. It’s still in the bread maker but at least it’s risen properly. Who knows - it could be my best loaf ever!

Next up, I managed to snag Dd2’s bike chain with my bike pedal while removing it from the garden shed. Of course the chain came off the bike! So I watched a video on YouTube on how to put it back and think I was successful. Glad I wore some disposable gloves so I wouldn’t get grease everywhere. However I still had a nice ride and it was a change from my usual exercise.

When I went to zip up the money belt which holds my phone and keys, the zipper broke. So I got my passport holder which goes around my neck and used that instead. I know all of these things are annoying, but really minor in the whole scheme of things.

Dh went for golf as usual and is just getting cleaned up as he has an appointment to pick up his new prescription glasses. Thankfully most of the cost of the glasses is covered by our extended health care plan.

Our temperatures have been a lot more moderate than Jackie’s and it’s just pleasantly warm at about 68 F. I am wearing a sweatshirt and capris. So no need for our air conditioner yet! It is supposed to get to about 75 degrees later in the day.

Have a great rest of the day !
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm Hi Everyone. My DH is diagnosed with a stage one/borderline stage two melanoma. We have a consultation with a surgeon this coming Tuesday. Been busy making all the appointments.
I wish your Dh all the best ChristmasTrees. And this is a reminder to us all to slather on the sunscreen. I agree with Floridacatlover that you are a very good wife and taking care of things right away.

Creative