Daily Check In June 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 5, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, but thought I would start us off.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 5, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

So by the time I was ready to hit the sack last night my arm (where I got my vaccine) had started to ache, and probably if I am remembering my first shot, lots more and it is stiffer to move. I also woke up this morning with a massive headache, but that could be for other reasons altogether (wine + really hot day is not a great idea in my case). Hopefully with coffee the headache dissipates, and the are gradually gets moving properly once again.

Not much happening around here as the predicted high is going to be in the low 30 C range. Heck another day of pretty much staying put and getting projects completed. Today I hope to complete a couple of smaller ones.... Crossing things off my list and keeping busy are ways for me not to think or stress. I will be ordering blades and floss online today. We could make a trip to Michael's again when we are up in the city, but I think we will just want to get straight home after my appointment.

A few household tasks and an outside task that I will do once I am functioning properly. I need to take the pants over to my friends place at some point today and pick up the shredded lettuce I forgot to buy on Thursday along with some rice which I also forgot to purchase (this even with a list).

This afternoon means a phone call to my brother and trying to find a new series to watch. I finished the one I was watching, and the others do not have new episodes as of yet. I may just switch it up and watch the Android box and get caught up on a few series on regular TV that I missed.

Supper tonight is going to be Taco Salad. I need to get the ground meat out of the big freezer early so it is thawed enough to cook up with easy this afternoon.

Today I am grateful for being fully vaccinated and the push my province is trying in order for us to reopen smoothly and safely. Our reopening depends greatly on at least 70% of adults being vaccinated.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning..and thanks everyone for all the good wishes for my DH.
We are looking at a very hot weekend here. Keeping busy with outdoor stuff.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, I’m sorry that you have to go back to the doctor (a different doctor) but glad that your appointment is in only a few days. I will pray that you do not need further treatment.

I took an anxiety pill last night and slept really well until almost 8:30 this morning. Pippi ate very well yesterday and did not throw up overnight. I had ordered a new tube of the Miratz appetite gel ($37 for a tiny tube) but did not have them put it on her ear because she was eating well before the vet visit.

Mostly I’ll stay home today but I will go to the Publix near mom’s house later in the day to pick up three Rx. At least two of them have $0 co-pays and the third may also be free or $7 at the most. Surprisingly my Medicare Part D plan has reclassified some generic drugs in the past few months to the lowest tier which is free.

Still no rain here so I’m glad that I watered at mom’s house on Thursday. I’ll water all my plants here again today.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Beautiful day here.

But I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose and watery eyes. Yuck

Must be something in the air. Hope it goes away quickly. I've had one cup of coffee but think I am going back to bed.

Have a great day all
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:33 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

So by the time I was ready to hit the sack last night my arm (where I got my vaccine) had started to ache, and probably if I am remembering my first shot, lots more and it is stiffer to move. I also woke up this morning with a massive headache, but that could be for other reasons altogether (wine + really hot day is not a great idea in my case). Hopefully with coffee the headache dissipates, and the are gradually gets moving properly once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, my arm was much more sore with the second dose of vaccine and the soreness lasted several days. You may feel very tired today. My tiredness came on the day after the second dose of vaccine. Take it easy. I’m sure that you and DH both feel good to be fully vaccinated.