Daily Check In June 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In June 5, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today is warm and the weather is changeable. It was sunny when we left to go to Shoppers Drug Mart first thing this morning and by the time our 10 minute drive to the store was done we were having a light shower. I remembered to pick up some more sunscreen- Neutrogena brand, which has fewer harmful chemicals than Coppertone.

The sun is shining brightly once again. I have placed my new garden knome outside once again to catch some solar rays. We brought the knome inside last night as we had heavy rain and the solar lights were already shining brightly. Supposedly it takes 10 days to fully charge. It’s really cute, got it for my birthday so I am babying it for now. It is supposed to be able to withstand the outdoor elements, but recommended you bring it inside over winter. But no plant/grass watering required today so one less task!

Today I plan to go for a long walk and hope to convince Dh to come along with me. He doesn’t usually golf on Saturday or Sunday. Dd2 is still sleeping and will enjoy a couple of days off work.

Already started some laundry and plan to clean out the laundry sink. It’s very handy to have that large utility sink for all those dirtier jobs. But I still try to keep it clean. I had rinsed out some screens down there , as I noticed some cat fur and dust. I had vacuumed the screens first. I love looking out a clean window!

My bread turned out just fine and the bike chain was declared to be put on properly by Dh so my disaster day yesterday really wasn’t that bad at all. I know I am my own worst critic!

Some very good news- the schedule for our second vaccines has been bumped up. On Monday since Dh is 70 plus, I can start booking his vaccine. So that will be my early morning mission.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:33 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

So by the time I was ready to hit the sack last night my arm (where I got my vaccine) had started to ache, and probably if I am remembering my first shot, lots more and it is stiffer to move. I also woke up this morning with a massive headache, but that could be for other reasons altogether (wine + really hot day is not a great idea in my case). Hopefully with coffee the headache dissipates, and the are gradually gets moving properly once again.

Not much happening around here as the predicted high is going to be in the low 30 C range. Heck another day of pretty much staying put and getting projects completed. Today I hope to complete a couple of smaller ones.... Crossing things off my list and keeping busy are ways for me not to think or stress. I will be ordering blades and floss online today. We could make a trip to Michael's again when we are up in the city, but I think we will just want to get straight home after my appointment.

A few household tasks and an outside task that I will do once I am functioning properly. I need to take the pants over to my friends place at some point today and pick up the shredded lettuce I forgot to buy on Thursday along with some rice which I also forgot to purchase (this even with a list).

This afternoon means a phone call to my brother and trying to find a new series to watch. I finished the one I was watching, and the others do not have new episodes as of yet. I may just switch it up and watch the Android box and get caught up on a few series on regular TV that I missed.

Supper tonight is going to be Taco Salad. I need to get the ground meat out of the big freezer early so it is thawed enough to cook up with easy this afternoon.

Today I am grateful for being fully vaccinated and the push my province is trying in order for us to reopen smoothly and safely. Our reopening depends greatly on at least 70% of adults being vaccinated.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
have you ever watched the series. Heartland? It is about a family and s filmed n Canada.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was exhausted last night, I went to bed before 9 pm. I woke up at 6 am. I needed the sleep.

Breakfast was oatmeal. I am deciding on fabric to use for my walker bag appliqués. I have decided to put the cat appliqués, on it. One on each side.

I will be going through my fabric to decide on which one I want to use. I also realized that I am going to have to switch the Velcro for buttons. I have lots of buttons. But I do plan on still having Velcro there just further down the bag.

I have partially loaded the dishwasher.

I have been struggling to figure out what I am doing wrong with my buttonhole foot as I can't get it to make a buttonhole.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good afternoon frugal friends. I am still trying to get back in to a normal routine. There are so many things I want and need to work on. Last night made a list of things that need to be done, Yikes! So today starting with getting food prepped ahead for a couple of days. Makes my life so much easier if I do not have to stop and cook or prepare something.
Yesterday I paid bills.. Yikes again. Was way over budget due to the wedding, unexpected expenses with my car and computer. Also with my niece visiting for 2 weeks spent more on groceries and buying food from restaurants. She did pay for some things but still I went way over budget.

Teddi is just not himself. He needs to see the vet next week for his test for heartworms. I hope he is ok.

I have tried to keep the A/C off to save on the electric bill but Teddi seems to be suffering with the sudden increase in mild heat so today I turned it on to get the humidity out and will hopefully keep him comfortable doing that and using ceiling fans and table top fans.

While I was gone my satellite company sent an e-mal that as of July 31st they are terminating all e-mails so I need to get things established with a new company. They offered one alterative for $2.98 a month or I could choose another company of my choice. Bummer. Last night the new company transferred a lot of my files except they did not transfer some of my e-mail addresses. So now I have to do it manually and then go to each site and change my e-mail address. Not looking forward to that at all.

Jackie my first covid shot did not bother me but the second one was more painful immediately and my arm was sore for days at the injection site but it did get better after a few days. I was not sure if it was due to the vaccine or just a headache but I did have one for several days. Hopefully you well be doing well in a few days.

I am still behind on reading the daily's hope everyone is doing well.

Have a good week-end everyone.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My allergies cleared up. No more runny nose or sore throat.

I decided to make a pot of beans - they are in the crockpot. Getting hungry!!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:51 am Good morning..and thanks everyone for all the good wishes for my DH.
We are looking at a very hot weekend here. Keeping busy with outdoor stuff.
Trees,

I hope the early detection and treatment goes well for DH and you.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.