Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

I finally went to sleep on the couch around 5:30 AM and slept until around 6:40 AM..
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Friends. Janet, so sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping.

I deliberately stayed up until 1:00 a.m. - something I NEVER do. I think I am so fed up with lack of real "me time" that I was craving some - so watched a couple of movies after I got back from putting the boss's dogs to bed and doing a very late night grocery shop.

This season of my life (stuff at work and at home piling up and I'm constantly playing catch up and no time for anything else) reminds me of when my children were very very young - and I wanted and needed some "me time" so badly - but I was so exhausted I would go to sleep when they did. "This too shall pass" - but not for a few months.

It's a gorgeous day. I have been to tend to boss's dogs and fed outdoor cats. Keeping my goals for the day simple - finish cleaning out the flower bed and prep it for planting. Period. If I accomplish more than that, great - if I don't - great.

I wish you all a blessed and beautiful Sunday - and a nap if you so desire.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have almost finished my bag for the walker, I need to finish my granddaughter’s Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I need to Work on designing my daughter's boyfriend TV set. That will be sewn.

After I finish these I want to work on sewing a Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I want to sew more of the 3” tall dolls and dress them in Judicial gowns. with of course her classic crocheted collar.

I can’t see why I can’t do it. The Most difficult part is likely to be tracing the pattern onto black fabric, and making the arms fold down.

I have an H-E-B order scheduled to be delivered between 9:30 and 10:30.

It is a fairly small one. But I didn’t need much other than produce, and meat. I did order the fixing for a few simple meals.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:20 am I have almost finished my bag for the walker, I need to finish my granddaughter’s Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I need to Work on designing my daughter's boyfriend TV set. That will be sewn.

After I finish these I want to work on sewing a Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I want to sew more of the 3” tall dolls and dress them in Judicial gowns. with of course her classic crocheted collar.

I can’t see why I can’t do it. The Most difficult part is likely to be tracing the pattern onto black fabric, and making the arms fold down.

I have an H-E-B order scheduled to be delivered between 9:30 and 10:30.

It is a fairly small one. But I didn’t need much other than produce, and meat. I did order the fixing for a few simple meals.

Penny
Penny I love to hear about the tiny little things you make. You are so creative.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a beautiful morning here in south texas

It is D-Day! The invasion of Normandy. Operation Overlord.

My dad was there.

We had wanted to take him there but then he got sick and it was too late.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I kind of slept okay.

Just having more weird dreams. And having to get up to go to the bathroom. I get in bed at 11 and start watching Murder She Wrote. Most nights i never finish cuz i fall asleep.

I also couldn't stop thinking of things. I used to be so carefree - what the heck happened - :mrgreen:

I guess i have responsibilities now :shock: