Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:50 pm Good evening, frugal friends. We have had a slightly rainy weekend, but it's been cool and pleasant.

I did not get grocery shopping done until shortly after 3 p.m. today. We spent $88 after coupons, the least in quite a while. We still wear our masks in the store, although we are fully vaccinated.

I used up all the slightly aging fresh fruit in the fridge this morning to make five yogurt-fruit parfaits to freeze for my lunches. Also used up an aging acorn squash and a huge sweet potato as the vegetable for my lunches by peeling, dicing, and dressing it with a little olive oil and some Penzey's seasoning before roasting it. No food waste and delicious meals are always a win.

Did not get any sewing done this weekend. The flannel for my towel project has been laundered and is waiting for me to get started.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Mackie I like the idea of your yogurt fruit parfaits. I was recently gifted with some vanilla yogurt but needed some ideas of how to use it besides just a small portion after meals. I will freeze some with fruit and it will be more refreshing and it will give me a refreshing snack in the afternoons especially now that we are starting to have hot weather.

Glad to hear HB is doing so much better. I am happy for him that maybe now he will be able to have a better quality of life.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:07 pm take care of yourself!!
It is hard because I have plans and want to stay on schedule but today I realized tomorrow and the day after will come.. lol.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I take the container out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the night before. It goes straight from my lunch bag to the work fridge. It is usually ready to eat by lunchtime, with some ice crystals still in it. So good on a very hot day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:22 pm Janet, I take the container out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the night before. It goes straight from my lunch bag to the work fridge. It is usually ready to eat by lunchtime, with some ice crystals still in it. So good on a very hot day.
Mackie thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to trying it out.
Janet Alliesmama