Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:20 pm When I started to give my nieces and nephews cash my SIL said it was the right size and color.. lol.
LOL - can't go wrong with cash!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I mentioned I went to the store earlier

I still wear a mask, and wondered if y'all ever had this reaction

I start getting light headed and have to go to a non occupied area and breath without it on

I use the disposable surgical masks. Now we don't have to wear one around here, but the COD would have a cow if I didn't. One store has a sign that says if you are fully vaccinated, not required to wear one, but others should.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello and a pleasant Sunday afternoon to all.

Back from our weekend in the camper, it was great! We had a rib feast last night and it was awesome, everyone ate like small ponies. This morning it was eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy.
Lots of walking the woods, napping for DD and watching wildlife and the fire. I like to walk the woods and read.
The creek was way too cold to swim in... but we still had fun.

We have been home for a short bit and I have everything cleaned up and put away except a few dishes.
It is warm and windy...so glad I got the mowing done....it acts like it could storm. ugh...

Last night we were awakened by a raccoon in the trash can! i just had a feeling when we were putting trash in there last night LOL He got run off easily but I know he will be back.
Tonights supper will be veggies, and broccoli salad. I have corn, green beans and asparagus that need used and for dessert...watermelon.

Off to read and see what others have been doing.
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:40 am Good morning all

It is a beautiful morning here in south texas

It is D-Day! The invasion of Normandy. Operation Overlord.

My dad was there.

We had wanted to take him there but then he got sick and it was too late.
A heartfelt thank you to your Dad.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:05 pm A heartfelt thank you to your Dad.
Thank you

My family and I have been texting back and forth. Looking up details about the battle. We have one of his military decorations - Bronze Star - that has his unit information and the campaigns.

Fascinating. He is lucky he survived. He did get wounded in Germany and that took him out of the war.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:48 pm I mentioned I went to the store earlier

I still wear a mask, and wondered if y'all ever had this reaction

I start getting light headed and have to go to a non occupied area and breath without it on

I use the disposable surgical masks. Now we don't have to wear one around here, but the COD would have a cow if I didn't. One store has a sign that says if you are fully vaccinated, not required to wear one, but others should.
But how would they know who was fully vaccinated and who wasn't? Stores here still require you to wear a mask and I am quite willing to do so.

I haven't had that reaction yet, but perhaps when it gets really warm out I will.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/