Daily Check in June 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Had my steamed rice, tomato and pan fried chicken dinner.

Weird that I only really wanted the rice and tomatoes. Maybe should go vegetarian. I've done it before.

We really do not eat a lot of meat.

We shall see.

Oh but the tomatoes are so good!!!!
frugalmom

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by frugalmom »

:Hello everyone! On Sunday, we got a free 20.00 perk for free food for being an Elite Yelper and we had gone to this place where they have different fusion restaurants-so we had Jewish, Filipino, Japanese, etc. Great concept all under one roof-we had a bit of everything. They had a bourbon infused w/nuggets of cornflake ice cream-oh MY! It tasted like a rum cake or something-very creamy and rich. We had a burrito but with a Filipino twist with garlic adobo rice and marinated meat. It was nice it was just dh and me and we went to the Reservoir nearby to walk around the lake-beautiful day-it was nice to get out in nature and near water again. I love anything water!

:Today, I was going to do three classes in a row-the first one starting at Rhythm Cycling-well, am came and this morning I just could not get up! I did not have to get up for my :son since he did not have any school anymore and he was sleeping in so I went back to bed-lol! I planned kickboxing-that didn't happen either! :shock: I did make it to the 9:30 class which was called Chizzled. I wanted to get at least three days a week of weight training in and the rest Zumba or Cardio type. I saw a lady with really nice chizzled arms and thought that must be the teacher! Now I have a goal to get arms like THAT-really nice! THAT class kicked my butt! Doing dips on the steps-NOT my thing. Just getting up from the Steps-lol-well, that was even hard for me! Balancing with a leg up while doing weights-that was hard too-no balance anymore at all! All those years of dancing out the window-sigh! Lol-as we exercised my pain kept shifting from place to place-rn I am holding steady, hope nothing flares up! This is going to be a loooong road! The instructor was super sweet-love all those instructors they are so upbeat and encouraging to me as a newbie! Today was very humbling actually lol-like I can handle Zumba at least-but this class,whoa, I was thinking I am the worst one in here! BUT I stuck through it-figure at my age, Idc what others are thinking (bc I am sure I was entertaining-lol-hilarious I am sure-lol!).Lol-I am sure actually everyone is paying attention to the instructor and like I paid attention so much that you don't have time to look at others even! I will try that class again-no arm strength at all these days.

Tomorrow I will take fusion barre which sounds interesting-they tell me your little muscles or muscles you did not know you had will hurt in this one-lol-oh great-so MY WHOLE body will hurt that means! I haven't taken any medicine for the pain other than the first day I took Naprosyn(like Ibuprofen).

They found a nodule in my dh's lungs when they were checking his heart-hopefully it will be ok. This week we will be checking that out. My dd will have upcoming ankle surgery after her graduation this week. I wanted to do it up big for her but bc of Covid she just wants her siblings at home. I told her we can go to a nice restaurant but she says that is too expensive for the whole family (on the actual day we will take her to a nice restaurant-she likes Cheesecake Factory). So she wants me to make steak tacos, Spanish rice and refried beans and I might make chicken with pineapple(usually supposed to be pork but we don't eat pork). And then my mom has knee surgery coming up so I will be busy taking care of everyone!

Frugal happenings: my dh did not want to pay for a plumber he says 500.00 (idk if that is how much it costs but out here last time they were charging 150-175./hour and I remember I was joking wow that is like a doctor's price and he said yup sometimes more than a dr!). If that is the case, I am telling Preston become a plumber instead of a dr-sheesh less years of schooling to become a plumber I think! Now dh's brain is not the same anymore and he gets frustrated very easily bc he cannot do the same things and has changed the inner plumbing of a toilet before-this time he changed it all out including bolts-well the toilet is 30 years old! Actually, it is even more than that bc the toilet itself once drained has a date on there of 1980 so like 41 years old!!! My dh is too cheap these days-his mantra these days: I am not spending any money, not a penny! This usually doesn't take too long at least when my brother does it, BUT it took dh a few hours and I helped him near the end as he was getting frustrated (terrible instructions in the booklet, so I went by the pictures and what was taken out of the old one!), So guess we saved 500.00 there lol! Roasted some broccoli and cabbage today and had it with baked teriyaki style chicken.

Oh did I tell you last time we went to the Farmer's market and it had lamb like at $28/lb and fish at 36/lb-wow! Then the other day I saw a roast lamb double the price I usually pay in the 44. or so range-wow even chicken was expensive! I said I will have to come back to check out the meat prices, bc I was only getting a few things think someone like my son was coming over. I have not been back yet,using what we have. I am not hungry for some reason these days-maybe too hot.