Daily Check in June 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a dress wash in the dryer.

I have been busy this morning. Using my timer I have unloaded the dishwasher and dish drainer. I washed hand dishes. During one rest time I read part of a book I am reading. During the second I sorted small things to put them away. I have a lot more to sort.

I decided to use the container that had held the toddler toys to put everything that needed to be put away but not by my chair. The yarn is in a bin to be sorted. Sewing things are on the sewing table.

I have shredded some things this morning. I try to shred as I go. I still have a lot of sorting to do.

Dinner today is leftover steak from yesterday. With more sugar snap peas.

I need to start working on another birthday present.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

had a great day yesterday, met a friend for lunch, ate outdoors. So wonderful to see her.

she had been taking care of a family friend, (more then a friend really, family really) for the past few years. The friend was 95 and died a couple of months ago.

Scary story on the "Megadrought " that we are in the beginning of. On CBS This morning.

IC
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

It's raining here again. We have had a very rainy pattern the past few weeks and it looks like it's here to stay for awhile longer. The flowers are loving it. The grass is growing like crazy and everything looks lush and green. I'll enjoy it while it's here. When the searing heat sets in I will long for these days lol.

I just finished a novel about the wife of Benedict Arnold, Peggy Shippen Arnold. It was historically based but the author took a lot of liberties to embellish the story. I really enjoyed it. I think historical fiction may be my favorite genre. It was one of my "free or nearly free" e-books.

I had a zoom meeting yesterday with my writing group and enjoyed interacting on that. It's always good to put faces to names. Many in my group are in other countries such as India, South Africa, and Britain.

Supper tonight will be salmon, along with leftover turnip greens and corn on the cob.

I'm feeling a bit better as time goes on. I see my surgeon's nurse tomorrow for her to pull the staples and I'm looking forward to that. I think the Nevro rep may be there as well. I hope he is because I have a few questions I'd like to ask someone in person rather than by phone. My stim unit is now set on Level 5 of Program 1 and I would say my back pain is down by 15-20%, which is great. There are seven levels, so I guess I'll have to go up to 6 and 7 before I can change to Program 2. My hope is that a different program will help with the numbness in my feet. The various programs supposedly affect the nerve impulses in a different way.

Not much else going on around here today. Take care, friends.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Still gloomy out there. Not welcoming weather for walking - for me anyway.

I was craving pan fried chicken so made some just now. Waiting it to cool down

I buy these thin sliced boneless pieces and season them with garlic pepper. I like them nice and brown.

Good in a sandwich or with steamed riced and tomatoes.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:21 am Good morning all

Wow Maggie - already walked! I want to do that today. The group went at 730 but there is no way I can get up and going that early. Maybe one day

Might go around ten or so

It is pretty gloomy outside. Wonder if it will rain

I slept okay. Did get up about 4 to tend to old man dog. OMD. Had lots of weird dreams. But now I am awake and having my coffee

Lets see what today holds.
I am an early riser. The Y opens at 5. This morning I got there about 5:30. I do better exercising in the AM. And I do not get finished at work until later. Then I am tired and find excuses not to walk. I am worried about my blood sugar and keeping it down. I have been stress eating bad things. I feel like I am in a real slump and I need to do something to climb out. This is a first step for me.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:36 pm I am an early riser. The Y opens at 5. This morning I got there about 5:30. I do better exercising in the AM. And I do not get finished at work until later. Then I am tired and find excuses not to walk. I am worried about my blood sugar and keeping it down. I have been stress eating bad things. I feel like I am in a real slump and I need to do something to climb out. This is a first step for me.
I understand - I feel in a slump also.

Not sure if I will make it out there. No get up and go.....