Daily Check in June 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Really hot and humid outside today so the air conditioning is coming in handy once again. We still opened the patio door first thing but it warmed up very quickly!

I spent quite a lot of time in the garden today. Continued with over seeding the lawn and watered it lots. All the thirsty flowers and veggies in the pots and ground were also given a good drink. Probably spent about an hour and a half just doing that!

I still managed to get in my walk but chose the shady river path. Lots of children were wading in the river- a fun way to cool off!

Lunch was eaten at home and the pickings are definitely getting a bit slim! I had an everyday gourmet ( prepared) soup, and a bagel with cream cheese. The last of the fresh cherries was my dessert.

In the afternoon I cleaned another two windows and vacuumed the screen and all around the valance. Just doing little bits at a time. I also ironed about another 10 items, then felt lazy and am relaxing on the deck in the shade. Just catching up on the forum and enjoying the iPad. It’s still pretty warm even in the shade so may retreat back inside soon. I am enjoying these lazy, hazy days of summer right now!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Well done on the walk Maggie!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, it's so good to hear how well you are doing.

I am so tired. Today I finished the huge paper records organization project at work, which required being on my feet all day and lots of lifting and stooping. It was a hot and exhausting day. For lunch, I ate very quickly and then made a flying trip to Publix across the river to pick up a few things not available at our local grocery store.

As soon as I can get Lily Dog off my lap, I am going to totter to the shower and then have some supper.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

It has been a strange weather day, woke up to sun but sprinkling rain. The humidity is high and now it has started raining softly again...and yet it is hot also.

I went to the library and gassed up the "dad-mobile" while in town, and also picked up my prescription eye drops.
My house-chores are done, and I spent some time reading.
Really kind of a slow day,
I did notice very few people in the library were masked up, seems they are all feeling like we are back to normal.

Off to read some more,
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Day has gone by, and that is all I am going to say.

I have had 4 calls over the past two days from the Cancer Clinic in the city. Last one was one from the pharmacy at the clinic going over my meds, and then going through my supplements. I was a bit taken aback when the pharmacist said that this was to ensure there were no contraindications when my treatment started.... Say what???? I thought this was going to be a consultation on the area of concern, that they supposedly got all of since there was nothing in the surrounding tissue, or the lymph nodes. I am really stressing now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm Update

I have had 4 calls over the past two days from the Cancer Clinic in the city. Last one was one from the pharmacy at the clinic going over my meds, and then going through my supplements. I was a bit taken aback when the pharmacist said that this was to ensure there were no contraindications when my treatment started.... Say what???? I thought this was going to be a consultation on the area of concern, that they supposedly got all of since there was nothing in the surrounding tissue, or the lymph nodes. I am really stressing now.
Jackie this might be a "just incase situation." Keeping you in my thoughts for a good outcome. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm Update

Hopefully that is just something they are used to saying. Big hug.