Daily Check in June 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Friends,

I got up and walked at the Y this morning. Tonight I have Zoom meeting of my investment club.

I finally got a little more than half of the quilt quilted. Finally! Just had trouble finding the motivation.

Not much else going on. Everyone stay cool. Listening to details of the heat wave across the North East.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Right now it is 70 F and overcast. Starting today and throughout the rest of the week we are expecting rain and or storms. The temperature's are not going to be excessive like in some parts of the country but the rain is affecting my outside work. The weeds have gone rogue with all of the rain. Taking it easy and going to just go with the flow and do what I can when I can.

I slept better last night but had to take a muscle relaxer and still had severe muscle spams due to my ALS. I will have to take quinine for a few days to hopefully get that under control. I try not to take it because it is dangerous for my eyes. In the past I developed holes in my visual field that can become permeant if the medicine is not stopped in time. So I have to have a visual field test off and on. I am loosing my color vison which is permanent. The eye Dr said it is not significant but at the same time of concern since I had only been on the medication a short time when I lost some of my color vision.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Wow Maggie - already walked! I want to do that today. The group went at 730 but there is no way I can get up and going that early. Maybe one day

Might go around ten or so

It is pretty gloomy outside. Wonder if it will rain

I slept okay. Did get up about 4 to tend to old man dog. OMD. Had lots of weird dreams. But now I am awake and having my coffee

Lets see what today holds.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slightly overcast today with showers off and on. We just had one pass through. That means no hanging clothing outside...Dang. Still I have room on the lines downstairs for 2 loads and that does help with the electric bill.

I opened the windows last night (all the windows) and the house is nice and cool this morning without the help of the AC.

Lots of work to get done this morning as is usual on a Monday. Since we will be out of town most of Wednesday things can not be put off for too long. In fact I kind of started already this morning. I spent some money ordering some blades for my Cricut. Now that they are coming out with a new machine (actually 2) I wonder how long they will carry the attachments for my machine. Better get what I need while I can. There are still a few blades and such I am missing, but I will get them over the next few months. I would dearly love to get the mug press, but will wait and see if it comes down in price.

Once the daily chores are completed I think I will leave off the cross stitch and sew my summer top in the afternoon. That would mean just one more cut out pattern to sew this month. Perhaps alternating between projects will see me accomplish a bit more.

The usual frugal things will be taking place here on the old homestead. I will declutter all my emails and many of the pictures need to be put in a folder or two. The next time youngest DS is home I think I will get him to talk me through putting the excess on a thumb drive. I still have lots of space on my computer, it is just that it is nice to have a backup or two if I need to clear space.

Supper tonight will more than likely be the leftover taco salad. I had some for lunch yesterday and there is still lots left to eat up.

Today I am grateful once again for what ever little rain we get.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I didn’t sleep well again last tight. I woke up several times and thought it was close to morning but it was only midnight and then 2 a.m. And then Pippi started meowing into my ear around 4. I’m just happy she is eating pretty well right now.

Later today I’ll go to mom’s house and most likely water. If it is cloudy enough, I’ll trim the ixora.

On the frugal front, I’ve been reading the AAA magazine. I am not sure exactly how to earn the AAA dollars but I’m going to download the app and look into it. AAA has gotten so expensive, about $90 in my area for the AAA Plus. I also see they have what looks like a free service called Protect My ID that lets you cancel and replace credit cards with one call if you lose your wallet.

I edited a story my friend wrote this weekend. She is not a good writer. The story is for a neighborhood newspaper and is about a new “trendy” coffee shop. To me the entrepreneur sounded arrogant. He’s never worked in a restaurant or coffee shop but he has “frequented” coffee shops for meetings. Sigh. The location is a prime building and must be very expensive. (Out of curiosity I looked up the lease rates and it looks like $35/sq. ft. and spaces are 1,200 to 1,600 square feet, so $40k to $50k annual rent.) He is in his 30s and just moved from the NYC area and not an impressive resume. How does someone like this afford to launch this type of business? I know from my previous job that loans are typically not available for startups. At least that was the case ten years ago. I guess this is why I’m not an entrepreneur. That type of financial risk scares me.

Anyone remember a lady in Cornwall UK with a blog called Frugal Queen? She shut it down and completely disappeared after getting irked about something several years ago. Well she now has a YouTube channel that popped up in my feed. I think it is called Frugal Queen in France. I’ve watched a few and enjoyed them. She and her husband have renovated/are renovating a wreck of a house in beautiful Brittany, France. They left the UK before Brexit.

Have a good day.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:27 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slightly overcast today with showers off and on. We just had one pass through. That means no hanging clothing outside...Dang. Still I have room on the lines downstairs for 2 loads and that does help with the electric bill.

I opened the windows last night (all the windows) and the house is nice and cool this morning without the help of the AC.

Lots of work to get done this morning as is usual on a Monday. Since we will be out of town most of Wednesday things can not be put off for too long. In fact I kind of started already this morning. I spent some money ordering some blades for my Cricut. Now that they are coming out with a new machine (actually 2) I wonder how long they will carry the attachments for my machine. Better get what I need while I can. There are still a few blades and such I am missing, but I will get them over the next few months. I would dearly love to get the mug press, but will wait and see if it comes down in price.

Once the daily chores are completed I think I will leave off the cross stitch and sew my summer top in the afternoon. That would mean just one more cut out pattern to sew this month. Perhaps alternating between projects will see me accomplish a bit more.

The usual frugal things will be taking place here on the old homestead. I will declutter all my emails and many of the pictures need to be put in a folder or two. The next time youngest DS is home I think I will get him to talk me through putting the excess on a thumb drive. I still have lots of space on my computer, it is just that it is nice to have a backup or two if I need to clear space.

Supper tonight will more than likely be the leftover taco salad. I had some for lunch yesterday and there is still lots left to eat up.

Today I am grateful once again for what ever little rain we get.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Interesting about saving on a thumb drive, I don't know if it's the reason , but I went from a 8.1 window computer to a 10 window and my thumb drives won't work, makes no sense to me.

or who knows why my drives won't work .

IC