Daily Check In June 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In June 8, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Did the usual dusting and sweeping. A little mopping

Couple loads of laundry. Hung the towels out on the line.

Went to the dollar store to look for a basket. Need something for my veggie gathering. Found a cute one.

Tomorrow plan on cleaning the kitchen cabinets. And really clean the flooring.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Household chores are done (dang I need to change the rags out of the washer). I am having a hard time concentrating on anything today for any extended length of time.

Still I have managed to do a few unfinished things on my to do list, a bit of extra cleaning, gone for a couple of walks, and even done some cross stitch (not as much as I would like, but at least I am still working on it). My rhubarb pie is made and I am thinking of making a rhubarb cake for the freezer, or perhaps a couple of rhubarb crisps (crumbles).

The wind has risen, and the skies are darkening. The forecast is calling for thunderstorms this evening and overnight.

I will be checking the construction map on the internet and planning our journey for tomorrow. Hopefully not too many stops and not much in the way of mud. I don't want to have to leave too early.

Off to see what mischief I can get up to next.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, add me to those hoping and praying that all is well with you, dear lady. (((HUGS)))

I worked for three hours in my building this morning and had steam coming out of my ears. It's been almost a month since I was allowed to go there and it was not in good shape. Half the room doors were unlocked and floors were dirty. None of the electrical issues have even been looked at. I checked all the plumbing, swept, locked doors, and wrote up reports on all the issues, then worked up a spreadsheet of everything I've reported that has never been fixed and sent it to my real boss. (The people I have been working for this summer do not count: that's more like being press-ganged into a foreign navy!)

All this got my Irish up, as my Mom used to say, because I think it's irresponsible to charge students almost $900 a month for a dorm room and be unconcerned about whether they have electricity, you know?

It's very hot today and I am glad to be home. Perhaps tomorrow will have less organizational b.s., I hope!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:49 pm Update

Household chores are done (dang I need to change the rags out of the washer). I am having a hard time concentrating on anything today for any extended length of time.

Still I have managed to do a few unfinished things on my to do list, a bit of extra cleaning, gone for a couple of walks, and even done some cross stitch (not as much as I would like, but at least I am still working on it). My rhubarb pie is made and I am thinking of making a rhubarb cake for the freezer, or perhaps a couple of rhubarb crisps (crumbles).

The wind has risen, and the skies are darkening. The forecast is calling for thunderstorms this evening and overnight.

I will be checking the construction map on the internet and planning our journey for tomorrow. Hopefully not too many stops and not much in the way of mud. I don't want to have to leave too early.

Off to see what mischief I can get up to next.
MMMmmm Jackie - rhubarb pie. I love strawberry and rhubarb pie - so delicious. We would get it when we went to a Marie Callendar restaurant in San Antonio. Then it closed down. They still sell her pies but it has been years since I have seen this one. It was so good.