Daily Check In June 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 8, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back really soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 8, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I finally fell asleep last night, but am up earlier than usual this morning. Still at least I managed some sleep. My thanks to those who have talked me down a bit. I will probably be stressed out no matter what happens. Hopefully just not venting to all of you all the time.

Coffee is not tasting very good this morning so I probably need to clean the machine. I will be adding that to my to do list for today.

I don't think much will be going on here. Supposedly there is a 90% chance of rain around here come evening, but showers happening through the day. I may strip the bedding off the bed and get it out on the lines while I can. I had thought of doing that tomorrow, but now just might get it done today instead.

Frugal happenings will be the usual. I need to clean out and make more hummingbird food today. Funny thing, while it has not attracted hummers, it has attracted a small woodpecker. Darn thing comes every night and enjoys a drink or two. I also need to make some more sugar scrub. I am not sure if I will add lemon essential oil or lavender oil this time around.

Pie will be made especially if it stays cool in the house, I would also like to get some muffins made for breakfasts or snacks. I also need to go through items in the fridge and figure out if they can be used in a new and exciting way or if they were pushed to the back of the fridge, whether they are still safe to use. I hate to toss, but sometimes Hubby puts things in the fridge in the wrong manner and things disappear for way too long.

Project wise another 200 or so stitches were done on the cross stitch, and the knitted scarf was finished. I cast on for the next scarf late last night. Today I will work on the same two things. I hope to have the second scarf done by the end of next week and will move on to doing some sewing then. Really trying to work at getting one project done before starting another. Hopefully I don't get bored and have to go back to drawing numbers and working on that number project for 1 week or if finished before the week is up having to draw another number. I did manage to get a great many projects done that way though.

Supper tonight will be the leftover beef. Think I will make a salad to go along, or slice up some raw veggies and serve with dip.

Today I am grateful that I can get an early start on my day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I rolled out of bed and went walking at the Y again this morning. Tonight after work I need to go get gas in my car at Sam's club.

We might get more rain. Starting to think about ARKS we've had so much. We've got higher than normal heat for this time of the year, but it is mid-80's. So not unheard of.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, put yourself in God’s hands. That is what my mom would say to me so I’ll say it to you. (((Hugs)))

Pippi’s appointment is at 11:30 so I just gave her her pill. I tried to put it in her food. Nope. So I put it in a soft yummy as usual.

Last night I had a message from my insurance agent. She said to call this morning about my homeowner’s insurance. Ought oh! I hope that my insurance is not being cancelled but it wouldn’t surprise me. Insurance has reached a crisis in coastal Florida.

It turned out that we had a bit of rain night before last. I could tell at my house and at mom’s house there was 1/2” in the rain gauge so I didn’t water. Even though I got there around 4:30, it was SO hot and I got very tired working in the front and back yards, mostly picking up debris and trimming. I think that Thursday I’ll get gas for the mower. Even with so little rain, the side strip could use mowing.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept pretty good last night. I could have stayed in bed longer too. It was 9 when I got up.

Thought about going walking but again it has turned gloomy. It was nice and bright when i first opened the curtains

I'm having my coffee and getting the pets organized. Filling water bowls etc. They drink a lot of water during the day.

Need to do laundry today. And pay my water bill.

Hope all have a great day and keep going.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Jackie, FloridaCat said it best...praying for you.

Just finished my bookwork for the month....because I bought a 1/2 beef this month my checking account is lower than I would like but....going to challenge myself not to make a transfer.
I get weird when the checking account goes down below my "mental level of acceptability". It's the frugal bug in me. LOL

I have been getting a lot of robo-calls lately...I am on the do not call list but they are pesky.

The sun is shining and it is hot and humid, We may get more rain later today...the weeds are loving it.

I have salad with chicken strips planned for meals today, and broccoli salad to go with it. Just about out of cottage cheese... it is my hot weather go to...cottage cheese with fruit.
Might thaw a packet of my pre-made taco meat for taco salads tomorrow. I need to run the duster on furniture after I get done outside this afternoon.

This is the time off year that the house chores are lessened and outdoor stuff kicks in....I really need to use the weedeater around the hostas on the creekbank but the poison ivy is so bad right now... I have used ivy killer on it but it hasn't died out yet...might have to do it again. I have become so allergic to it .

Well off to get busy again. I need to also make my list for the weekend, IF we get to go to the camper. I like to have stuff ready to grab and go.

JCKitty