"mommy " blogging

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

"mommy " blogging

Post by icfrugal1 »

https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/01/mommy-blogging-christie-tate-generation-gap.html

I found this interesting because I have wondered how kids feel about this.

Subject, mommies who blog. (FB???) everything for the world to see. I've wondered how the kids would feel as they grew usp.

I would hate to read, and for the world to have read about my potty training ect.

any thoughts?

IC
SandiSAHM

Re: "mommy " blogging

Post by SandiSAHM »

I was a frugal stay-at-home / homeschooling mom for well over a decade, even sold a house to move to a place with lower taxes & utilities / more land so DH could garden to help offset the loss of my income. Never felt the need to blog about any of it. I'm mostly private. My MIL knows better than to post pictures of my kids anywhere, *I* sure won't do it (my own Mom can't, she's never been on the internet in her life and won't learn). What they post once they're adults (one is, she's almost 20, she's private, too) is up to them.

Never read a mommy blog either. Guess it's a little late now, my 'baby' is almost 17 :lol:

Now I'm a frugal(ish) work-from-home semi-homeschooling (HS kid schools both with an online homeschooling academy out of state and concurrently at a local community college) mom and still feel no need to filet our home life for consumption by strangers.

Read a bunch of frugal blogs over time. :D
mbrudnic

Re: "mommy " blogging

Post by mbrudnic »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:37 pm https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/01/mommy-blogging-christie-tate-generation-gap.html

I found this interesting because I have wondered how kids feel about this.

Subject, mommies who blog. (FB???) everything for the world to see. I've wondered how the kids would feel as they grew usp.

I would hate to read, and for the world to have read about my potty training ect.

any thoughts?

IC
I used to read Mommy blogs, but as their kids got older, they mostly stopped. Most of them were not minute by minute of potty training, but nice snippets of life. It made you realize that your were not alone in the Mommyhood.