Daily Check in June 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 9, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Another day, another walk at the Y and another rainy day. Ready to look a boats.

Tonight I have an appointment for a hair cut. So that is money out, but well-spent.

Today will be the usual, work, breakfast, coffee and lunch at home.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 9, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We had quite the wind last night. Gusts were up to 90 km an hour (around 55 miles an hour). It made for a tough falling asleep time as the trees were creaking something awful. The wind did blow in some rain, but not a great deal. Still even a small amount helps big time when it is dry and seems to manage to fill the rain barrel nicely.

I have a few small chores I hope to get done before we leave for my appointment. I really don't know how much I will manage to accomplish but I do hope to make a slight dent by at least getting my bedding changed (perhaps not washed) and the start of a bill of sale. I need to get moving on that as I want the lot we inherited gone by the end of the month, lots of steps involved in doing so as well.

I plan on taking a notebook and pen with me to my appointment. I am going to write everything down that I can just in case the news is something I can not process at the time. It will also help me to formulate questions better as I function and learn by seeing things written, in charts, or on a screen. It will also focus me a bit better, I think. It is the not knowing, the always wondering that gets to me after a bit.

So I am off to get a few things done. I will talk to you all later with what I hope will be good news. Or at least some type of news.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Am so keeping busy that I don't know where the time is going these days.

Floridacat, so sorry to hear about Pippi's medical issues. Its really hard to watch a pet struggle.

Jackie, wishing you well with your medical challenges.

Alliesmom, you're in my prayers. The thought of losing any part of one's vision is frightening to me.

Into my 4th week of my diet program already (sheesh) and have managed to lose an average of 1/lb a week; an A+ for me considering I haven't been able to lose any weight for the past 10 or so years. I am pushing myself to do it, though. I've not had to change my eating much but where I was trying to get at least 1/2 hr of exercise a couple days a week, I'm now pushing myself to 1 to 1-1/2 hours per day 7 days a week, not the 5 days I had originally planned to do. It's tough and definitely not fun.

Well going to run for now.

Logics
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, I’ll be thinking of you. Don’t hesitate to ask the doctor any questions, even minor ones. Good idea about having the notebook.

Pippi had a good day yesterday, back to her old self. She was a good girl at the vet and even gained a few ounces. There is a lovely new vet assistant who has returned Pippi to the car several times lately.

Today I’ll meet my friend for coffee/tea late morning. Trying to combine trips, I plan to go to CVS afterwards. I did a $10 survey last week and also have a 25% off non-sale items coupon. CVS non-sale prices are high but it is the best place to find the headache medicine I prefer. I’ll get some Tide pods, too.

For the first time since March 2020 I’m going to get a Redbox movie. I want to see Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch. I lost all my Redbox points which expire in a year but still have $1.69 on an old gift card. Redbox movies are $1.80 (plus tax, I think).

I’ve started on a 1,000-piece “gradient” puzzle which is basically a color spectrum. I watch KarenPuzzles on YouTube (thanks to the tip from Logics) and she has done several of the more expensive ones. Mine is from Buffalo and I think prettier than some of the other gradient puzzles.

https://buffalogames.com/vivid-color-challenge-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle/

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:01 am Good morning all.

Am so keeping busy that I don't know where the time is going these days.

Floridacat, so sorry to hear about Pippi's medical issues. Its really hard to watch a pet struggle.

Jackie, wishing you well with your medical challenges.

Alliesmom, you're in my prayers. The thought of losing any part of one's vision is frightening to me.

Into my 4th week of my diet program already (sheesh) and have managed to lose an average of 1/lb a week; an A+ for me considering I haven't been able to lose any weight for the past 10 or so years. I am pushing myself to do it, though. I've not had to change my eating much but where I was trying to get at least 1/2 hr of exercise a couple days a week, I'm now pushing myself to 1 to 1-1/2 hours per day 7 days a week, not the 5 days I had originally planned to do. It's tough and definitely not fun.

Well going to run for now.

Logics
Thank you. Pippi is doing better at least for now.

Congratulations on the weight loss and exercise!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:12 am
I’ve started on a 1,000-piece “gradient” puzzle which is basically a color spectrum. I watch KarenPuzzles on YouTube (thanks to the tip from Logics) and she has done several of the more expensive ones. Mine is from Buffalo and I think prettier than some of the other gradient puzzles.

https://buffalogames.com/vivid-color-challenge-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle/

Have a good day.
Thank you.

I have a similar puzzle from Buffalo games but in 300 pcs. The pattern is gradient but "squares".

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Games-Collection-Challenge-Jigsaw/dp/B07BV3Q88L/ref=asc_df_B07BV3Q88L?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989526348820&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589103856136&psc=1