Daily Check in June 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in June 9, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, thinking of you and your doctor visit.

Slept in but then again I stayed up way late reading...library visit on Monday last, so hitting the new reading material hard LOL.

Laundry done and on the lines. thawing chicken and broth for chicken and noodles....was going to do taco salad but DD2 has been having some of her gut-issues and this will be better for her.

I have been slowly working on the weed eating around the hostas lining the creek bank. Even though it is a battery powered weed eater my arms and shoulders can only take so much vibration.

It is overcast, humid and now the mosquito's are back....nasty little buggers.

Should be a mellow day...

JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

The other day I bought some plain yogurt because I have wanted to try it with fruit for quite some time. I discovered I liked it but then saw that I had picked up the regular yogurt and not the Greek. I thought I had made a mistake because WW points are 0 for nonfat Greek yogurt. I hadn't seen where they had included the regular plain yogurt as well. Unfortunately I didn't know this until after I bought the Greek.

Anyway I bought 2 large containers of the Greek yogurt and in mixing it with my fruit found I didn't like it so much. It's also twice the price of the regular yogurt. So anyway I did a search on the internet and found a recipe for Greek yogurt bark so I decided to make some today. Won't know how it comes out until after it freezes, but hoping I might like it that way as well. I already know that with some self-rising flour I can use it to make pancakes or 2 ingredient pizza dough.

I will however in the future buy the regular plain because there is a very marked difference in flavor between the 2 which you wouldn't think.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:01 am Good morning all

Slept well last night. Wanted to stay in bed longer, but the pack was not going for that. Must be nice that they go back to sleep right away

No sun today. Rather gloomy.

My sibling told us that a person that attended my aunt's funeral three weeks ago has covid. And she had already been vaccinated since she is a nurse. So we are all wondering about it. I stayed away from people, but most were all hugging each other. We shall see.

guess it is not over
That is unnerving! Since the woman is a nurse, she most likely received the Pfizer or Moderna, not the J&J which has less effectiveness. One thing I’ve wondered is how long the vaccine’s effectiveness lasts. As a nurse, she probably got the vaccine early. I had my second dose in mid-Feb so almost four months ago. So I wonder.

I’ve stopped wearing my mask in Publix but wore it into CVS today because I didn’t see any signs and the first person I saw was wearing a mask. I must say I’ve felt more invincible since my second vaccine but maybe should be more careful. Luckily I don’t go to a lot of inside places.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:02 pm The other day I bought some plain yogurt because I have wanted to try it with fruit for quite some time. I discovered I liked it but then saw that I had picked up the regular yogurt and not the Greek. I thought I had made a mistake because WW points are 0 for nonfat Greek yogurt. I hadn't seen where they had included the regular plain yogurt as well. Unfortunately I didn't know this until after I bought the Greek.

Anyway I bought 2 large containers of the Greek yogurt and in mixing it with my fruit found I didn't like it so much. It's also twice the price of the regular yogurt. So anyway I did a search on the internet and found a recipe for Greek yogurt bark so I decided to make some today. Won't know how it comes out until after it freezes, but hoping I might like it that way as well. I already know that with some self-rising flour I can use it to make pancakes or 2 ingredient pizza dough.

I will however in the future buy the regular plain because there is a very marked difference in flavor between the 2 which you wouldn't think.
I don’t care for Greek yogurt either. I much prefer regular yogurt.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:42 pm That is unnerving! Since the woman is a nurse, she most likely received the Pfizer or Moderna, not the J&J which has less effectiveness. One thing I’ve wondered is how long the vaccine’s effectiveness lasts. As a nurse, she probably got the vaccine early. I had my second dose in mid-Feb so almost four months ago. So I wonder.

I’ve stopped wearing my mask in Publix but wore it into CVS today because I didn’t see any signs and the first person I saw was wearing a mask. I must say I’ve felt more invincible since my second vaccine but maybe should be more careful. Luckily I don’t go to a lot of inside places.
My sister is investigating dates etc. She wants to know whether she might have spread it around. No one in my family has complained of anything. My sister didn't go to the indoor gatherings - just the outdoor service. But my brothers were in the main church area and then I saw them go and hug my cousins. The person who has it a my cousin's cousin on the other side of the family. There were a lot of people there.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi Everyone.......So....We saw the surgeon that specializes in skin cancers. DH as of now has a stage 1B melanoma. His surgery will be in July...they are backed up due to COVID....but she assured us that a few weeks would make NO difference regarding the cancer. She will remove the cancer with wide and deep margins...then send it down to the lab to make sure the margins are clear. Then he will have sentinel node surgery. Radioactive dye is injected into the site (before the first surgery) then it is mapped under a machine that follows it to the first set of lymph nodes. The first few nodes are removed and will be checked for cancer to see if it has spread. That takes about a week for the results..they use stains etc. Then she will clear the margins on a spot on his arm that was biopsied and is not cancer..but has atypical cells.
IF there are cancer cells in the lymph nodes the cancer stage goes from. 1B to a stage three. She does NOT think that that will be the case..but says she can't rule that out til we have the results.
We both liked the surgeon VERY much...young...very thorough...took all the time we needed for questions.
So...we are optimistic.
DH is the love of my life. Our 49th anniversary is next week. We met when I was 17.
Thank you so much for all your good wishes. It means so very much.
Trees
Praying for good results for Jackie.