Daily Check in June 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in June 9, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am Thank you.

I have a similar puzzle from Buffalo games but in 300 pcs. The pattern is gradient but "squares".

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Games-Collection-Challenge-Jigsaw/dp/B07BV3Q88L/ref=asc_df_B07BV3Q88L?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989526348820&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589103856136&psc=1
Interesting with the basket weave design! Very pretty.

I haven’t started my puzzle yet. I just did the sorting of edge pieces and the colors. KarenPuzzles says that gradient puzzles are not hard but I don’t know!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well last night. I made blueberry oatmeal muffins this morning. Very good as usual. I again added vanilla. I will be putting it into the recipe. I think it improves it.

I have a white wash in the dryer, I have a towel wash in the washer. I am tired, but I have been busy this morning. I have laundry to fold, that at least is done sitting.

I need to check some ideas for the plastic for the TV set I am sewing. I of course pitched the container from the blueberries. That would have been perfect.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Just popping in with some healing thoughts and prayers for Jackie. I hope all goes well. I always take a notebook and pen along too.

I have some very positive news! My second Pfizer vaccine is scheduled for this coming Monday at Shoppers. Forget about the provincial booking system- much more efficient to just go through the pharmacies in Ontario. Through the provincial system I am not even eligible to book an appointment yet for my age group.

Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well last night. Wanted to stay in bed longer, but the pack was not going for that. Must be nice that they go back to sleep right away

No sun today. Rather gloomy.

My sibling told us that a person that attended my aunt's funeral three weeks ago has covid. And she had already been vaccinated since she is a nurse. So we are all wondering about it. I stayed away from people, but most were all hugging each other. We shall see.

guess it is not over
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good morning friends!

Another warm sunny day, cooler by a few degrees than usual. Dh woke me at 5:30 AM to kiss me and hug me goodbye. That is great, but I was really wishing I could sleep in a bit.

It has been a busy few weeks. I’ve been fainting a little more, but I’m seeing doctors regarding this. I’m sorry if I’ve mentioned this before.

Today I’m going to a natural-pathic alternative medicine doctor to get an ozone treatment with a vitamin chaser. It will cost a chunk of money out of pocket, but if I can regain some energy and kick my continual lethargy and tiredness, it will be so worth it.

Last night, ds18 had a Facebook live for his church mission call. He is going to the Bolivia Santa Cruz Spanish-speaking mission with online MTC (Missionary training center) starting October 19th. A really fun, and amazing thing to me, is that another boy in our ward (local church congregation) received his mission call to the exact same place with the exact same start date!!

I’m off to get sprinklers running on my front lawn for a few minutes before it gets too hot, then breakfast, feed the cats, and then a quick shower before I go to my doctor at 10 AM. Afterwards I plan to wash laundry for the rest of the day.

As per other times, I probably won’t be on for awhile, but this reason being that today, tomorrow and Friday are packed full of Dr. related things. Friday is an nine hour driving for round-trip for follow up on my third phase breast reconstruction, the nipple and areola re-pigmentation. That was originally supposed to have been on Monday, but I got stuck in road construction in Parley’s Canyon during rush hour and I was by the time I got into SLC valley and was 20 minutes from his office, he called and canceled our appointment. I was really angry about that & then I had an accident with my water that completely soaked my clothes. So there I was drenched with no spare clothes, and looking at a 4 1/2 hour drive home through the same road construction I had just struggled through. So I found a Walmart for spare clothes, they called my cousin to see if I could spend the night and get my clothes washed, she graciously agreed and I was just grateful not to have to drive until 10:30 to 11 o’clock at night. Tuesday morning, I got home in time to get the house clean and dinner made, before the time that DS 18 had picked for his mission call Facebook live reveal show. He did it on the front lawn, and we were extremely grateful that none of the cars driving by did so in a loud and I’m noxious manner, perhaps I did have done that in the past when there hasn’t been a large crowd of people outside to see them.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today. ❤️😊
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:20 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

We had quite the wind last night. Gusts were up to 90 km an hour (around 55 miles an hour). It made for a tough falling asleep time as the trees were creaking something awful. The wind did blow in some rain, but not a great deal. Still even a small amount helps big time when it is dry and seems to manage to fill the rain barrel nicely.

I have a few small chores I hope to get done before we leave for my appointment. I really don't know how much I will manage to accomplish but I do hope to make a slight dent by at least getting my bedding changed (perhaps not washed) and the start of a bill of sale. I need to get moving on that as I want the lot we inherited gone by the end of the month, lots of steps involved in doing so as well.

I plan on taking a notebook and pen with me to my appointment. I am going to write everything down that I can just in case the news is something I can not process at the time. It will also help me to formulate questions better as I function and learn by seeing things written, in charts, or on a screen. It will also focus me a bit better, I think. It is the not knowing, the always wondering that gets to me after a bit.

So I am off to get a few things done. I will talk to you all later with what I hope will be good news. Or at least some type of news.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I hope all goes well at your appt today. ((Hugs))