Daily Check In June 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In June 10, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Ours is a little less than $600 a year, but we pay a monthly installment bundled with our car insurance that is actually pretty reasonable. The thing that kicks up the price here is tornadoes.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

my flood ins for my rental is $797 for the year, still waiting for the earthquake and reg home ins.

I'm lucky that my tenant is still paying the rent.

Meeting friends for lunch, outside eating, still not ready to eat indoors.

we spent 3 hours at MIL's yesterday, trying to give SIL a bit of "time" off/ SIL was gone for 2 hours, doing household chores for the home and her mother. Then we socialized for an hour.

Still encouraging DH to talk about positive things.

The home care worker feels that MIL is transfusing to the end, but the worker suggested 2 eggs a day to help give MIL more time. Mil is not ready to go.

Even DH is realizing that MIL is looking frail, but I'm not sure that he really understands.

DH will be going though a 2nd round of oxygen therapy, I'm hoping for a couple of weeks of rest first, it takes a lot out of DH and our days. (NOT complaining)

I would like DH to see his mother more.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 am The thing with mobile home insurance is that it's not so difficult to get basic insurance, but it's difficult trying to find an insurance plan that will cover hurricanes especially since many require you to be insured for at least a year prior to them giving it to you. My sister was lucky in that she found someone who gave them hurricane insurance but it was $600 a year.
Yes, hurricanes are the reason our insurance market is so unstable. And to top things off, I have a big deductible for the “wind” portion of my insurance and a lower deductible for everything else.

Sounds weird but my house I’d not that valuable compared to my overall investments so if I lost my house I’d be OK. The primary thing that scares me and why I want good insurance is the liability coverage. We are such a litigious nation.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got my Schwans order, now I can relax. I'm weird like that.

It has been a morning of researching food options. Not for me but a sibling

She is the one with the heart condition. Today is her second day in the hospital. She needed to have her body drained of fluids. And just more testing and monitoring

It is aggravating cuz she doesn't follow orders. And I think it is because she just doesn't know how foods can affect you. She is supposed to limit fluids. She told my other sister that she didn't know that included fluid in food. That she was never told.

Not true. I was there for many of her doctor appointments. Then i decided the kids needed to have a hand in her care. But i am also looking into meals on wheels. They have food for heart patients that is safe.

We shall see.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Jackie I am relieved to hear your update. I am so sorry you had to wait so long for your surgery but at least now you have some answers. I know you will be very proactive with your health and hopefully you can continue living a full and productive life. Sounds like it was quite an ordeal just to get to your appointment.

We had a very loud thunder storm last night so I didn’t sleep that well. And lots of rain as well. It’s still cloudy and cool but Dh is a diehard golfer so he went this morning. When he’s in a good spot, it makes life easier for me. So I don’t mind him going. :idea: It’s stopped raining and most importantly there is no lightening. This morning I had a nice long telephone chat with a friend and continued on with the ironing, completing 11 pieces. I was watching “ The View” and was surprised to learn Caitlyn Jenner is running as a Republican governor, despite having no political background whatsoever. And I thought the Democratic Party was generally more accepting of gay rights and transgender rights. It will be interesting to see how things turn out. It sounds like California is a state that’s a bit of a mess.

I think I will head out and take a nice long walk and get the mail. Really just a very routine day here.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, so glad you got a good report.

I was up way too late last night reading...slept in but still tired LOL

I have been up and really busy this AM...doing floors and dusting. Boy did it need it! I need to water house plants yet and run the dishwasher.
It is really hot and humid outside, mosquitoes are out and it's been awhile since I have had them this bad around my house. Probably because of all of the wet weather we have had...I have had toadstools growing all over the yard and that is usually a sign.

I did end up having to take DD to the ER yesterday, her gastric upset was causing her to be dehydrated...again. They gave her the usual "gastric cocktail " and IV of fluids and she felt better almost immediately...So brought her home, finished making a double batch of noodles and then made a small amount of chicken and noodles...whew! I have dried noodles to bag and freeze. They did turn out really good. I probably should be making and freezing every time I can't work outside ... I use the whites to make angel food cakes.
well off to get some more done, still no decision on if we are camping this weekend, depends on how DD is feeling...

JCKitty