Daily Check-In, June 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-In, June 11, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, I was about to say "raccoon," because they are strong enough to do that damage and eat most of a chicken. It's stupid of him to feed them simply because they carry rabies.

I have been up to my building to do tours. No one showed up, so I propped my feet up on a chair and crocheted for an hour and a half in the quiet. It was so nice.

I really dislike the two women in the office where I am working this summer. They are middle-aged mean girls. One of them was ragging on me this morning because I am friendly to the students when I call them about paperwork they haven't finished. I just shrugged and said it costs nothing to be kind and give the students a good feeling about the university. No point in being so mean that people want to spit on your grave!

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Household tasks completed even after a surprise coffee klatch online this morning.

As it is still windy and raining I decided to make some Butternut Squash soup for the freezer (perhaps the muffins will be made later...). The squash cubes are on the stove, and my stick blender is out for when things need to be blended.

I did pull some grated zucchini out and will make a loaf of that for the freezer.

Now off to book that cabin in Jasper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:03 pm Hello all,

Something chewed thru the front of my coop last night, ate all of the eggs and...killed and ate one of my hens :(
The only thing left of the hen was the wings and the spine....sorry for being so graphic but....

I have repaired the chewed place and looked for any other entry points...ugh.
So tonight I bait the live trap and hopefully get the varmint. I am thinking it is probably a raccoon, they are very destructive and dearly love a chicken dinner.
The brother said he will be setting traps on their deck tonight because the family of raccoons they have been feeding on their decks has started destroying flowers. I don't know what they were thinking feeding them in the first place....stupid.

I have been to town for feed and mouse poison....it's that time of year....
It is really hot and humid today, definitely will need to water this evening....

JCKitty
I'm so sorry :(
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 am Good morning friends.

I went to bed late last night and Pippi woke me at 5:15 a.m. I fed her and managed to go back to sleep.

Yesterday I got quite a bit done at mom’s house. First, the dreaded run to get gas in the gas can. I picked up the yard debris. I get a lot of small clumps of leaves from the oak next door. I trimmed both ixora and then watered the front yard. I stayed there until 7:30 p.m.

Today I’ll stay home until Pippi’s appointment at 5. I’m making lots of progress in going through paper and shredding but it seems to never end. Yesterday I came across the purchase paperwork for a car I bought in 1986 and the personal property tax paid for several years to Arlington County, Virginia.

Through the years, mom had a lot of different stocks. (They were in both mom and dad’s names but mom was the one who liked the stock market.) She was very smart and kept good tax and other records with the buying and selling and now I’m going through it all and shredding everything except for the little stock she still had when she died and inherited by me. Very unenvironmental I know, but I use plastic bags from Publix, Walmart etc. for my shredding and I’m going through the bags as fast as I get them.

I’m continuing to gather items to donate. Next week a local children’s hospital will be collecting on my street so I want to have a good amount for them.

I started my puzzle and got the edge done. It isn’t too hard so far.

Have a good day.
My uncle was 85 when he died, for the years before he died his accountant would call me, telling me which stock to look for.

My uncle didn't buy and sell and a lot of the stocks that he had, had though the years changed companies, poor accountant had to do a lot of research to find the oringal (SP) company, but my uncle did have all of his papers for the stocks.

I have everything in a brockage and they keep track of the changes ect.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home at last, having a sandwich and a little glass of wine. The box wine is holding up very well.

It's rained all week and our back yard looks like a wild meadow. Hoping things dry off for a day this weekend so DS can cut the grass and clean up the brick patio.

I am so glad to have the next week off. The weather looks good so far, so I am going to paint the garage door, front trim and shutters. Everyone on the street is fixing up their houses and our paint is looking shabby. I would love to change the color, but that would require hiring painters to do the eaves, which is not going to be in the budget.

On Monday morning I have to see the neuro-ophthalmologist for the six-month check-up on my optic nerves, but after that I am free to paint and maybe sew, and catch up on my sleep. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good evening

The event was a big success. Lots of kids were there enjoying the water slides, games, water blasters, free food, drinks and ice cream.

But boy I only last a little over two hours.

It was too loud. Music playing, loudspeakers, kids screaming etc. We did our thing handing out the food and after it was gone, I relaxed a bit. Talked with some folks and then came home to relax.

Very nice to see people having fun.