Daily Check-In, June 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, June 11, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Just to get us started.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, June 11, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I went to bed late last night and Pippi woke me at 5:15 a.m. I fed her and managed to go back to sleep.

Yesterday I got quite a bit done at mom’s house. First, the dreaded run to get gas in the gas can. I picked up the yard debris. I get a lot of small clumps of leaves from the oak next door. I trimmed both ixora and then watered the front yard. I stayed there until 7:30 p.m.

Today I’ll stay home until Pippi’s appointment at 5. I’m making lots of progress in going through paper and shredding but it seems to never end. Yesterday I came across the purchase paperwork for a car I bought in 1986 and the personal property tax paid for several years to Arlington County, Virginia.

Through the years, mom had a lot of different stocks. (They were in both mom and dad’s names but mom was the one who liked the stock market.) She was very smart and kept good tax and other records with the buying and selling and now I’m going through it all and shredding everything except for the little stock she still had when she died and inherited by me. Very unenvironmental I know, but I use plastic bags from Publix, Walmart etc. for my shredding and I’m going through the bags as fast as I get them.

I’m continuing to gather items to donate. Next week a local children’s hospital will be collecting on my street so I want to have a good amount for them.

I started my puzzle and got the edge done. It isn’t too hard so far.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I fell asleep listening to the rain, and I woke up to the same sound. This is definitely needed, so even though I will not get out for my daily walk I will enjoy the wonderful free moisture and be glad that all my errands were done yesterday morning. At least I think they were all accomplished.

Today is a day to putz around the house getting things ready for the weekend, and perhaps get a bit ahead on some cooking (well baking really). I have meat to package up and put in the freezer as well.

I also have a few things to put in the pantry, as well as bedding to wash, and rags to fold and put away. I can always find something to do.

Since it is cloudy and dark this morning cross stitching may not be done unless the sky clears and the sun comes out. Instead I will have some sewing time. Who knows what I just might finish today. Probably not the new quilt top, but perhaps those patterns I cut out a couple of months ago, before I lost my sewing mojo.

One thing I do plan on is booking a getaway to the mountains. We will probably go to Jasper once again. Not until September (or perhaps late August), it is quiet, the hikes are wonderful (I am sure we will find more to do) and we love the feeling. Of course we will stop at oldest DS's on the way there and on the way back. It is a bit costly, but we have not traveled anywhere for two years now so a bit of a splurge is necessary for our sanity.

I bought an Instant Pot cookbook yesterday (bit of a splurge) and the recipes inside are wonderful. I needed something to spur me toward using the appliance a bit more and I think this just could be it. Lots of delicious looking soups and a great many vegetarian dishes as well.

Supper tonight might be toasted cheese, bacon and tomato sandwiches. Or depending on the weather a container of soup from the freezer and grilled cheese sandwiches. This was our planned meal from Wednesday, but as it was so late when we got home Hubby went and purchased us a meal.

Today I am grateful for the rain. I hope it rains all day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a nice sunny day. Already had my coffee, showered and dressed. Think I will go try the new sandwich combo a local place has introduced. Hard to find a sandwich around here.

Then later on will go help with a community event. This will be almost my first public outing in months. It is outdoors.

Hope it doesn't get too humid and the mosquitos behave.

Have a great day
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I'm in a mood (pissed) :evil: :evil: :evil:

I told DH that I wanted a "day off", and I told him that that meant to NOT drive anywhere today, just spend the day at home, doin this and that.

I got back from walking the dogs and DH told me that he wants to go to breakfast, he said that I could have the rest of the day off.

GGGRRRRR, so that is 2 hours, driving there and back, sitting in the car while he eats, he is a slow eater.

I'll do it, but I feel like crap because I really don't want to do it. My attitude is not happy.

In my mind day off=taking care of dogs, doing things for DH and this and that around the house.

Part of it is that i got up late not expecting to have to hurry to leave for McDonalds.

In his mind "day off" is doing everything that I do and taking him out.

Yes, I have explained to him my feeling.

IC GGGGGRRRRR
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Something chewed thru the front of my coop last night, ate all of the eggs and...killed and ate one of my hens :(
The only thing left of the hen was the wings and the spine....sorry for being so graphic but....

I have repaired the chewed place and looked for any other entry points...ugh.
So tonight I bait the live trap and hopefully get the varmint. I am thinking it is probably a raccoon, they are very destructive and dearly love a chicken dinner.
The brother said he will be setting traps on their deck tonight because the family of raccoons they have been feeding on their decks has started destroying flowers. I don't know what they were thinking feeding them in the first place....stupid.

I have been to town for feed and mouse poison....it's that time of year....
It is really hot and humid today, definitely will need to water this evening....

JCKitty