Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:07 pm Thank you for the suggestion of uber ect, but it's not about the food, DH wants to get out of the house.

He was like this before he "lost" his leg, but now it's much more important to him.

The umbrella is for 2 million and bot houses and both cars.

iC
yep - some people need to get out of the house. I am really not that type of person, but can understand.

You are a good wifey!!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:09 am Good morning friends.

Mackie, I’m glad you have a week off work. I can tell that the work you are doing in the summer isn’t fun.

Kitty, that is very sad about your hen. I hope you catch the culprit. Terrible that your brother is feeding the raccoons. I had a neighbor awhile ago that was feeding a small gator in one of our ponds even though feeding gators is against the law.

I slept pretty well and did not get up until after 7 a.m.

Pippi is doing well right now, fingers crossed. Yesterday she gained weight for the second time in a row and she is drinking more, I think, from her fountain. I’m going to go out today looking for her current favorite food today. I bought the last five cans (Fancy Feast cheese and chicken) at my Publix a few days ago. She is eating really well.

I’ll put some books from my house into the car. I didn’t go to the book donate box last week but I plan to go tomorrow morning.

I’ve been watching some of the G7 summit. Years ago I visited St. Ives in Cornwall, the seaside town near where the meetings are held. Beautiful. Loved seeing Queen Elizabeth yesterday with the world leaders. She is amazing! She seems so interested in everything and she doesn’t even need a cane.

My former employer, Tampa Bay Times, won a Pulitzer Prize yesterday. I’m thrilled for those two reporters. It was for local reporting on the sheriff in the county north of us who was abusing his office and harassing certain residents. Our paper has now won 13 Pulitzers.

Have a good day.
Florida cat good to hear Pippi is doing well and that is eating well.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm Janet, I am so sorry Teddi is not having good days. Poor little guy.

FloridaCat, that is great about your former paper and little Pippi. Great news all around!

I slept almost 11 hours last night, which is what I do lately on Friday nights. DH has taken my little Honda to the dealership for routine service. I have a big basket of laundry to do and some routine Saturday chores, but am not going all out today.

The rain finally stopped and DS is mowing our overgrown back yard. It's tough going: he has to keep stopping in place to keep the mower from bogging down.

I have to say that the supervisor at my summer job assignment is a very nice guy, but he is run ragged with a demanding job and going to grad school at night. One of the two women in the department is not naturally mean but is responding to how her colleague treats people. The other one is the true mean girl and has a lot of narcassistic personality markers. I can't play in her league, so have been super nice to everyone while not falling into the trap of doing her work for her. She is an expert at manipulating people into that. However, I have the advantage of being the oldest person in the room and no fool. :-D

I keep reminding myself that I will be out of there and back to my office after the first week of August. That helps a lot.

Hope you all have a lovely summer day.
Mackie glad to hear your are the older wiser one in the office. I wish when I was younger I knew what I know now.lol Hopefully things will not be too bad and the summer moves along fast enough for you.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:48 pm Florida cat good to hear Pippi is doing well and that is eating well.
Thank you. Fingers crossed that she continues to eat.

I’m sorry that Teddi has such a sensitive stomach and it is so hard to know what to feed him. It sounds like he wants to eat most of the time but his little tummy just can’t handle certain foods which seem to change. Poor little guy and I know as a pet mommy it is frustrating for you.