Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

It is way too hot outside to do much of anything...94 degrees and absolutely no air movement...UGH!

Last evening we all ended up swimming in the creek at my camper, impromptu hotdog roast and a few yard games but mostly swimming and eating.
I set my live trap in the chicken pen, didn't catch the varmint but I think it's because I need to set the trap with a hair trigger. My coop repair held and nothing had tried to get into the coop.

The brother does this kind of crap all the time, its just like them bringing in cats and turning them loose "to get the mice" then they breed and have babies and he starts hauling and dumping them at peoples farms. I have trapped and neutered his cats so much that it got way expensive for me.

Sheila, does your daughter still have her " significant other ? " I wonder if she is lonely and depending on others like your sister to entertain her? Either way ,your sister sounds like bad news.
When DD2 moved in with me, and before she moved into my house that was my dads ...she did the same sort of things...we are very close but very different. When I do something like laundry I wash , dry and fold/put away...she is content to wash, use the dryer and then just just clothing out of a laundry basket...It drives me crazy.
Now that she is renting dads house from me, I try to turn a blind eye to things...I would however say something IF it were to affect the value of the house.

MY DD does have some depression issues and I know that sometimes it gets her down, but she is finally on something and it does help...she has never had any what I call follow thru.

Other than house chores, taking dog in and out and watering plants it has been a very quiet day for me.
Need to think of something for supper besides salad....

JCKitty
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon,
I did some chores around the house and have been running my roombas; damn I love those things! I am going to ask my friend how her roomba mop does and if she is satisfied then I will order one when Prime Day rolls around.

Well we are heading into the danger zone....two months early thanks to the drought. It will be heating up after this weekend and will remain hot the rest of the month. As long as there are no winds I am ok with that. I did find that resuming my sudafed every morning has helped. Today.....warm and no wind. I did not need the sudafed. my back, however has really hurt today and I don't now why. I am drinking some wine now and will take 15 mg's of an edible tonight before bed. I don't use it during the day because I do not want to start grazing. But the edible should help my back a lot.

My food use-it-up is going great. I am trying to use mostly from the freezer just in case we encounter rolling blackouts later on in the summer.

Well thats it for now. Take care everyone.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Update

I had to go to two stores to find Pippi’s favorite cat food but at the second store they had eight cans, all of which I bought. Certain cat food has been in short supply for months.

I opened another plastic box and found a stack of things from my grandfather’s estate. He died in 1965. One thing was his death certificate (which of course I’m keeping). I don’t know who gave the information but it definitely wasn’t my mom. My grandfather was born out of wedlock (or “illegitimate” as it says on his birth certificate). He was mostly raised by his grandparents and his mother was always called a sister. My mother always called her grandmother “Aunt Mary” but mom knew the truth later in life from my grandmother (her mother). It was a total embarrassment for my grandfather. Sad. Anyway, on the death certificate it says mother “unknown” and for the father it has a completely incorrect name. I think mom’s oldest brother knew the truth so I’m wondering if my grandfather’s longtime lawyer gave the info. Most of the paperwork in the stack I found was from the lawyer. I did find a snarky letter from my mom to her oldest brother.

I went through the folder I have for my uncle who lived in Nevada. I got rid of a lot of paperwork but kept odd scraps of paper that remind me of my uncle. There was also a letter from my mom to my uncle to tell him we’d be visiting. I cried when I read it.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 pm Hello all,

It is way too hot outside to do much of anything...94 degrees and absolutely no air movement...UGH!

Last evening we all ended up swimming in the creek at my camper, impromptu hotdog roast and a few yard games but mostly swimming and eating.
I set my live trap in the chicken pen, didn't catch the varmint but I think it's because I need to set the trap with a hair trigger. My coop repair held and nothing had tried to get into the coop.

The brother does this kind of crap all the time, its just like them bringing in cats and turning them loose "to get the mice" then they breed and have babies and he starts hauling and dumping them at peoples farms. I have trapped and neutered his cats so much that it got way expensive for me.

Sheila, does your daughter still have her " significant other ? " I wonder if she is lonely and depending on others like your sister to entertain her? Either way ,your sister sounds like bad news.
When DD2 moved in with me, and before she moved into my house that was my dads ...she did the same sort of things...we are very close but very different. When I do something like laundry I wash , dry and fold/put away...she is content to wash, use the dryer and then just just clothing out of a laundry basket...It drives me crazy.
Now that she is renting dads house from me, I try to turn a blind eye to things...I would however say something IF it were to affect the value of the house.

MY DD does have some depression issues and I know that sometimes it gets her down, but she is finally on something and it does help...she has never had any what I call follow thru.

Other than house chores, taking dog in and out and watering plants it has been a very quiet day for me.
Need to think of something for supper besides salad....

JCKitty
JCKitty, yes, she still has her SO. He is here a couple days a week - going between here and his mother's house about 2 hours away. My sister doesn't bother DD when he is here - so I like it when he is here. He has met my sister on a few occasions and thinks she is BAD news.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Sheila,
Would it be possible for your parents to cut your sister loose before she wrecks your family? Do they realize how awful she is or are they even able to stand up to her.

She sounds toxic, does your DD have any friends her age around? It sounds like she really needs to stay away from your sister.

DD had a "friend" from work last year that I took an immediate dislike to...more like I knew right off that she was trouble...she kept telling my DD how much she liked me and how she wanted me to like her...blah, blah blah. I knew she could tell that I thought she was trouble. I hadn't been unkind or said anything...I truly think she knew that I saw thru her phony baloney....
She came to the family 4th of July party, got stinking drunk and ended up having to have my DD drive her home to DD's to sleep it off. I knew she was a drunk the first time I met her and a troubled one at that.

She was supposed to sleep in my camper that night but we spent most of the night chasing her around the campground and keeping her out of peoples campsites, fires and the creek....it was awful.
I had to clean up and put the camper to rights by myself after chasing her all night, I was so PO'ed that I banned her from being around me and the campground. DD finally sobered her up and cut her loose...only to find out later that she went bar-hopping with another friend after DD got her cleaned up and out of the house. Needless to say the friendship soured :roll: I knew she was trouble.

The 4th of July party was great except for her LOL

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good evening all

It has been a busy day - but fun.

Sibling is still in the hospital, but is doing better. She has been stabilized and should be home Monday

But we met up at her house today - four of us and scrubbed it down for her. She is a clean person, but these past few years she hasn't had the energy to deep clean. So we did that. Scrubbed the bathroom down, the floors, kitchen etc. Tomorrow we will go through her fridge and pantry and take out things she is not allowed to eat.

A strict diet is the only thing that will keep her alive and she tends to wander off of that. So we shall see

Good night