Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. It is going to be another hot day here. Yesterday it went up to 95 F with a heat index of 101 F. Right now still not sure where my temperature converted is located.. However it does mean it is HOT here.. lol.

Teddi has been off and on sick and each day is undetermined until he gets up and starts his day.

Not much going on here except a lot of computer and paperwork. My satellite company has decided to drop e-mail service as of July 31st so I am busy trying to transfer everything over to the new company. I am not thrilled with the format of the new e-mail but will transfer things now and deal with it later on and maybe seek another company out. However the company that they were offering is very cheap compared to some of the other options. Right now it is free and with my budget being hit with so many unplanned things I am going to do what I can right now and iron out the bugs later.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun came out this morning, and the winds have died down. I may actually get a walk this morning.

We ended up with close to 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday which is just what our thirsty ground needed. No watering now for a couple of days.

Since it was cool yesterday I did some baking. I made zucchini loaf (2 of them) and wrapped them up for the freezer. I think I will make rhubarb crisp early this morning as well as a loaf of bread. I am actually going to try and get some baking into the freezer so we have some sweets during the hot days ahead. Which will be on Tuesday with a forecast of 32C or 90F. Not as warm as a couple of weeks ago, but give it time and we will be right back up there.

Frugally the usual will be happening. I will bake a loaf or two of bread, take my walk, work on my projects, cook and serve the meals. You know all the usual things we do to keep our homesteads running smoothly and frugally.

If there is a bit of time I will pull in the hummingbird feeder (seems that has attracted woodpeckers and not hummers) and change the food. I might also make some more sugar scrub. Those are both things I had planned on doing before now. Funny thing is both take only a few moments, but I just couldn't seem to summon up the energy to do them over the last few days.

Supper tonight is going to be sausages and if the weather holds they will be done on the BBQ. I have leftover salad to serve with them and perhaps some brown beans as well.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, that always seems to make a day just that much better.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Janet, have you considered using Outlook.com or Gmail.com as your email provider? There is no fee, however between using chrome, gmail, android phones aa well as my Fitbit, I am sure they know me better than my mother does. That's what I did long ago, 2007? When we moved. That way when I change internet providers, it does not affect my email.

Anyways, Good Morning!
I have no real plans for the weekend. Neither of my social groups have event scheduled. to do I think I am going to venture down to an International Grocery store. It is always fun for me. Such new and exotic foods to look at. But I am always afraid of blowing my budget. I am thinking I'll visit a nearby antique mall too. I do want to find a decoration to hang on my door.

I need to push to finish the t-shirt quilt. I need to put some binding on one end.

Not much else to talk about here. Weather is calling for 88 F. Light rain this evening.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Mackie, I’m glad you have a week off work. I can tell that the work you are doing in the summer isn’t fun.

Kitty, that is very sad about your hen. I hope you catch the culprit. Terrible that your brother is feeding the raccoons. I had a neighbor awhile ago that was feeding a small gator in one of our ponds even though feeding gators is against the law.

I slept pretty well and did not get up until after 7 a.m.

Pippi is doing well right now, fingers crossed. Yesterday she gained weight for the second time in a row and she is drinking more, I think, from her fountain. I’m going to go out today looking for her current favorite food today. I bought the last five cans (Fancy Feast cheese and chicken) at my Publix a few days ago. She is eating really well.

I’ll put some books from my house into the car. I didn’t go to the book donate box last week but I plan to go tomorrow morning.

I’ve been watching some of the G7 summit. Years ago I visited St. Ives in Cornwall, the seaside town near where the meetings are held. Beautiful. Loved seeing Queen Elizabeth yesterday with the world leaders. She is amazing! She seems so interested in everything and she doesn’t even need a cane.

My former employer, Tampa Bay Times, won a Pulitzer Prize yesterday. I’m thrilled for those two reporters. It was for local reporting on the sheriff in the county north of us who was abusing his office and harassing certain residents. Our paper has now won 13 Pulitzers.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes - Go with GMail - very easy to use
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Friends - with 3 minutes to spare. I slept in until almost 8:00 a.m. after being up at 3:00 with an asthma attack and full blow panic attack. I medicated for both and was back to sleep in probably less than 10 minutes.

I am kind of upset today. My sister continues to make every effort to "hang out" with my daughter - NOT a good situation. Yes, my daughter is a help to me around here but there are things she has needed to take care of for a LONG time and she has not done them in spite of my offers to assist - doing her taxes for one and taking care of a legal issue from YEARS ago that is an easy fix - simply writing a letter and paying a fine of less than $300 - and getting her dog registered.

Daughter informed me yesterday (after spending all yesterday shopping and lunching with my sister) that she would be spending today with my sister at a local state park. I informed her that I was NOT dog sitting on my day off - so she is not going and is miffed at me and do I care? I do not.

I have also given her one week (from yesterday) to get all of the cardboard boxes that she has stashed in my garage broken down and stacked so I can take them to the landfill. I said if I end up doing it I am raising her rent by $25 a month. I paid good money to get that garage cleaned out and she is filling it up again - NOT having it. She says she will get it done but we will see.

The garden that DD started - she has not followed up with it - all the supplies, plants, etc. that she bought - that I paid for some of - are sitting and going to waste, plants are dying where they sit.

Anyway, enough griping, I had to get it out and I have noplace else to get it out at - so I apologize if this is bothersome.

Anyhoo...it's a beautiful day, sunny and warm but not too warm and not as humid. Getting ready to walk to the grocery to get ingredients for an "orange chicken" recipe (using tofu instead of chicken) for my new slow cooker. Excited to use it and make that recipe! I'm going to put the finishing touches on my curb shopped wicker shelf today and move it inside - excited about that too. So it's a good day.

Wishing you all a nice weekend!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz