Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check-in June 12, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Getting ready for a doggie playdate. Neighbor is bringing her dog (1 yr old) they all have such a great time. well, not BB so much :roll:

So, I did take DH to breakfast, it didn't ruin my day off after all :o DH did thank me.

I baked some bread and this and that.

Got my renewal for house insurance OMG rates have gone up, flood and Earthquake a bit, but the house ins up almost 50% !!!

Umbellia (SP) went from $360 where it has been for years to $474 ECK!!!!

I'll call next week, but sadly I would assume that everything is up

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I am so sorry Teddi is not having good days. Poor little guy.

FloridaCat, that is great about your former paper and little Pippi. Great news all around!

I slept almost 11 hours last night, which is what I do lately on Friday nights. DH has taken my little Honda to the dealership for routine service. I have a big basket of laundry to do and some routine Saturday chores, but am not going all out today.

The rain finally stopped and DS is mowing our overgrown back yard. It's tough going: he has to keep stopping in place to keep the mower from bogging down.

I have to say that the supervisor at my summer job assignment is a very nice guy, but he is run ragged with a demanding job and going to grad school at night. One of the two women in the department is not naturally mean but is responding to how her colleague treats people. The other one is the true mean girl and has a lot of narcassistic personality markers. I can't play in her league, so have been super nice to everyone while not falling into the trap of doing her work for her. She is an expert at manipulating people into that. However, I have the advantage of being the oldest person in the room and no fool. :-D

I keep reminding myself that I will be out of there and back to my office after the first week of August. That helps a lot.

Hope you all have a lovely summer day.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, I am sorry. (((Hugs))) Our adult son lives with us and probably always will because he has Asperger's syndrome (they don't call it that any more, but people know what that is). He is very high functioning but if anyone spent much time with him, they would figure out he is different pretty quickly.

We have expectations for him as a "citizen of the house," various things he is required to do and to help with, just as his dad and I do things not for ourselves but for the care of the house and family. Once in a while his dad and I have to meet with him to discuss how that's going and fine-tune things. It works pretty well.

I don't know if it would be helpful to recast some things with your daughter in that light. She is most likely picking up on your sister's entitled, freeloader attitude by spending time with her. Reframing the situation with you as a cooperative effort, along with her covering her rent and expense as a responsible adult must, might help clear things up.

Good luck. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:11 pm Good morning,

Getting ready for a doggie playdate. Neighbor is bringing her dog (1 yr old) they all have such a great time. well, not BB so much :roll:

So, I did take DH to breakfast, it didn't ruin my day off after all :o DH did thank me.

I baked some bread and this and that.

Got my renewal for house insurance OMG rates have gone up, flood and Earthquake a bit, but the house ins up almost 50% !!!

Umbellia (SP) went from $360 where it has been for years to $474 ECK!!!!

I'll call next week, but sadly I would assume that everything is up

IC
That is a huge increase on your homeowner’s insurance. Wow!

My umbrella insurance also increased but it is lower than your cost. Mine went from about $235 to $277.

I’m happy that my insurance comes due at different times - flood in April, umbrella in May, homeowner’s in July. The insurance on mom’s house is due in January and I don’t have flood insurance on that house.

About your McDonald’s breakfasts, I am pretty sure that Uber Eats, DoorDash or one of those services is available for McDonalds. You’d pay a bit more but if there was a day you really didn’t feel like going, that is an option.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:33 pm Shelia, I am sorry. (((Hugs))) Our adult son lives with us and probably always will because he has Asperger's syndrome (they don't call it that any more, but people know what that is). He is very high functioning but if anyone spent much time with him, they would figure out he is different pretty quickly.

We have expectations for him as a "citizen of the house," various things he is required to do and to help with, just as his dad and I do things not for ourselves but for the care of the house and family. Once in a while his dad and I have to meet with him to discuss how that's going and fine-tune things. It works pretty well.

I don't know if it would be helpful to recast some things with your daughter in that light. She is most likely picking up on your sister's entitled, freeloader attitude by spending time with her. Reframing the situation with you as a cooperative effort, along with her covering her rent and expense as a responsible adult must, might help clear things up.

Good luck. (((HUGS)))
Mackie, thank you for your kind words and your wise advice. I have really given a lot of thought to how I feel - even going so far as to ask myself if I might be jealous of the time my daughter spends with my sister - nope, not it. I am truly worried about the negative influence my sister is having on DD.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 pm That is a huge increase on your homeowner’s insurance. Wow!

My umbrella insurance also increased but it is lower than your cost. Mine went from about $235 to $277.

I’m happy that my insurance comes due at different times - flood in April, umbrella in May, homeowner’s in July. The insurance on mom’s house is due in January and I don’t have flood insurance on that house.

About your McDonald’s breakfasts, I am pretty sure that Uber Eats, DoorDash or one of those services is available for McDonalds. You’d pay a bit more but if there was a day you really didn’t feel like going, that is an option.
Thank you for the suggestion of uber ect, but it's not about the food, DH wants to get out of the house.

He was like this before he "lost" his leg, but now it's much more important to him.

The umbrella is for 2 million and bot houses and both cars.

iC