Daily Check In June 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In June 13, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

jckitty wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:08 am Hello all,
I am up and getting stuff done....
I caught a coon in the chicken pen and have dispatched it, I usually relocate them but there is something way wrong with this one. missing hair, runny eyes and his mouth was slobbery....and just plain was not acting right. I have dealt with enough raccoons to know so please don't judge me.

I had to replant two pots this morning...something uprooted them and tipped them over....had to have been something bigger than a squirrel because they are big, heavy pots.

It is cooler and fresher today, we got a very small amount of rain last night and it broke the humidity.
I really have no idea what today will bring, but it should be a mellow day.

I am running the robo-vac and have a load of dog rugs to hang out.
I might mow early this week, I do not want to burn the grass like my neighbor has.
Might update later if anything earth shattering goes on LOL

JCKitty
No judgement from this critter lover, my friend - sounds like that wild one was rabid! Glad you are safe.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:59 pm I have felt agitated all day but feel better now.

I did not go to the book drop box. I decided to wait until Tuesday when I have a hair appointment in the same area.

Tomorrow is the children’s hospital pickup on my street. Supposedly it is going to rain over night starting at 10. So instead of putting the boxes out tonight I’ll wait until morning. They say rain or shine but I don’t want the things to get soaked.

I’m working on my puzzle. Although I’m about half done it is tedious and I’m considering stopping. The middle section that is left is mostly orange and I do not have good light. I do the puzzles on my dining room table with an overhead light.

Have a good rest of the day.
I think I would have a problem with your puzzle too. I remember one time my friends and I were working on a puzzle that was the Monopoly Board. When it came to the center we about when crazy due to all of the center pieces were white. Sometimes it is best to take a break and come back to it later.
Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Frugal Friends. It's been a pretty good weekend. I took it easy for the second half of yesterday and first half of today. Did a little bit of food shopping and a little bit of household shopping but didn't get a whole lot of either.

Got the whole house vacuumed and dusted just a little while ago. My work lunches are prepped for the week. Got a load of laundry washed and hung up to dry. The rest of this evening is mine all mine, lol. Will walk the dogs but I enjoy that (once I get going). :-)

I still have a long list of things that need doing around here - inside and out - but I'm not stressing any of it today.

Hope you all have a good week coming up!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

It has been so mellow today that it bordered on boredom LOL.

The fiance took the raccoon remains and is going to burn it in the burn pile because he said it is safer that way.

It could have been rabies or it could have been distemper, either is transmissible to other animals including pets.

I have roast beef hash started for supper tonight, 1 little bit of roast w/gravy and potato and onion....I love hash.

I spent a good amount of time trimming the August lillies...looks better now. Watered plants again and thought about working in the garage but nah....decided against it.

I think I have 3 chigger bites on my ankles....they love me :roll:

JCKItty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Busy day

Went out for breakfast with two siblings. They are staying at my ill sisters house. I couldn't join the sleepover due to pet issues. Gotta look after them

After breakfast we decided to go visit ill sibling in hospital. Well it turned out into a long stay. They said she was ready to be released and we hung around until all that got straight. Took long enough that we went out to eat. We have been eating all weekend! Amazing all the people out and about. The streets in San Antonio are packed! The deli we went to had a steady stream of visitors.

We ate, went back to hospital and she was finally ready to go.

She will have to have home health care, physical therapy for her heart, regular appointments, new meds etc. She was there for 6 days! Hopefully she will let us plan her menu.

I've gone through several stages - anger etc. Cuz she does not listen! :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:59 pm I have felt agitated all day but feel better now.

I did not go to the book drop box. I decided to wait until Tuesday when I have a hair appointment in the same area.

Tomorrow is the children’s hospital pickup on my street. Supposedly it is going to rain over night starting at 10. So instead of putting the boxes out tonight I’ll wait until morning. They say rain or shine but I don’t want the things to get soaked.

I’m working on my puzzle. Although I’m about half done it is tedious and I’m considering stopping. The middle section that is left is mostly orange and I do not have good light. I do the puzzles on my dining room table with an overhead light.

Have a good rest of the day.
Hey get one of those light things that you wear on your head. Has an elastic strap and hands free.

The COD bought me one and I love it when we have a power outage. Don't have to go around with a flashlight in my hand.