Daily Check In June 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In June 13, 2021

Post by Beverley »

Good evening!

I am tired out (or as Rinty would say-knackered) Half of yesterday and most of today I have been slicing and dicing, doing food prep. I cut up two heads of green lettuce, a head of cabbage and a bunch of kale. Put each one in its own bag. Since I had all that it is my chopped salad for this next week. I cooked the beets and cut them up for salad. I hardboiled 9 eggs. Half of them went in a separate container for my chopped salad. I boiled my potatoes and the rest of my boiled eggs, and a can of black olives; sliced and diced all of that for potato salad. Mixed in may, mustard and relish. It tastes so good! I peeled and sauteed a large yam. Prepped and steamed the broccoli.

Yesterday I sliced up a bunch of celery, a red onion and fried in a stick of butter. Cooked a pound of Jimmie Dean sausage> Mixed all that up with a box of Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing mix. Poured the chicken broth I made last week. Came out tasting good. So all I need to do now is cook up some steak too make tacos. I will do that tomorrow along with making a chicken dish. Than I will be set for the week. I like to have things made ahead in case a bout of fatigue sets in and I cannot do much. Lots to chose from and its all healthy.

Tomorrow I am meeting my co-workers at Red Robin for lunch.

Bev