Daily Check In June 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 13, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just to get us started. Off to get coffee back in a few.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 13, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Bone building pill taken and I am wrapped in my shawl as the house is chilly. Still it does make us not need to use the air conditioning as soon as we might what with the heat and sun. Mind you when I catch a chill, I could be thinking the other way.

I did manage to get all done yesterday, and hopefully will be able to get even more accomplished today. I think my joie de vivre has returned a bit. I actually feel a bit of hope that all this will be over soon. Then I remember all the anti-vaxxers and know it will be awhile yet. Still one needs hope, and the weather is great!!!

I really don't have that much to do, though I do want to do some more baking for when it gets really warm and the sons are home. It is also using up things in my freezer which are nearing the end of their usefulness, which is a very good thing as now they can be stored and used for a bit longer. So today I plan on making a couple of apple crisps (using up the apple pie filling), and do something with the strawberries in the fridge.

I could not get a hold of my brother that is schizophrenic yesterday so I will try and phone him this afternoon. Strange as he is always waiting for my call and picks up immediately.

I will be making a list as usual with next weeks jobs, and now that the sun has pretty much dried up everything once again, I will sweep off the decks and the cement patio as well as pick up sticks along side the house.

Inside along with the baking, list making and phone call I plan on doing some extra tidying and decluttering (papers to be shredded), and of course work on my projects.

I do need to get out for my morning walk before anything else though so that means finish my coffee and get my but up out of this chair and moving.

Today I am grateful for sunshine and soft winds.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Had to get up and get dressed. Going out to breakfast.

I am so sleepy. The older pup basically kept me up until almost 3:30. I slept for maybe 4 hours.

I will be dragging today. Oh well. Will take a nap later.

Have a good day all
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

8:30 Mass and then to Kroger. My shopping trip was fun yesterday to the big international grocery store, but I was cautious about what I bought and did not get much that needed refrigerated. I had brought a cooler, but being 86 F and 30 minutes from home... So this morning's trip to Kroger was to get some meat.

So once I put everything away, I trimmed the last end of the t-shirt quilt and have pinned the binding. I turned the quilt so three ends do not need binding. And I don't turn the last end well, so binding it it. My Mom called me out yesterday for procrastinating. Ugh. My SIL and DNephew left for their drive to Colorado. My nice flew out this AM. Last night Mom, Dad and DNiece went to 5:30 Mass and then I met them for dinner. It was fun. I had spent some time with all of them before Church. I would have gone with them If I had not been wearing denim shorts.

Do any of you have 17 year Cicadas? We have them badly here in SW Ohio. I heard on the radio that they hit their peak loudness this weekend. It is like a constant hiss. Then they seem to fly blindly around and you are afraid they will get stuck in your hair. They are about the size of a grasshopped but ugly with yellow eyes. Then there are the birds in the outdoor hallway of my apartment building. I have not seen them in a could of day. (Of course I did not leave my apartment at all on Friday.) But when I came in from Church and the grocery, as I was coming up the steps they flew out, once again making me think they might get stuck in my hair. Ugh.

So now I am going to finish my coffee and go sew that binding. After I fix all the typing mistakes my dyslexic fingers have made.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I am up and getting stuff done....
I caught a coon in the chicken pen and have dispatched it, I usually relocate them but there is something way wrong with this one. missing hair, runny eyes and his mouth was slobbery....and just plain was not acting right. I have dealt with enough raccoons to know so please don't judge me.

I had to replant two pots this morning...something uprooted them and tipped them over....had to have been something bigger than a squirrel because they are big, heavy pots.

It is cooler and fresher today, we got a very small amount of rain last night and it broke the humidity.
I really have no idea what today will bring, but it should be a mellow day.

I am running the robo-vac and have a load of dog rugs to hang out.
I might mow early this week, I do not want to burn the grass like my neighbor has.
Might update later if anything earth shattering goes on LOL

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My bone marrow biopsy went well, I spent 2 nights at my daughters. The second night was because yesterday was her SO's birthday and I was able to join in

I made a tiny flat screen TV, with advertising. He has his own roofing business so I simply put in his business card.

It came out cute.

I got to meet and hold my great grandson. I took a couple of photos of him.

I am glad to be home.

Penny