Daily Check In June 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In June 13, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, I hope your biopsy results are going to be good. (((hugs)))

JCKitty, a slobbery raccoon immediately makes one think of rabies, which is terrifying. With the poor critter that sick, you did a kindness dispatching it.

I have been relatively lazy today. Got up early and DH and I went to the Publix across the river to buy a few things we can't get at home, and then did our regular grocery shopping at Food Lion. Publix here is wildly expensive and we can't afford to do a week's shopping there.

Not much else. It's turned off quite hot. The dogs and I are lounging in the cool of the fan. Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Update: I realized in passing through the kitchen that we had a %15 off everything coupon for Ollie's Outlet that expired after today. So we went out there and bought an orthopedic dog bed for Rosie, whose arthritis is so much worse lately, some washcloths and a few food items.

Sadly, it looks like Ollie's is either moving or going out of business because it was sparsely stocked and had a buck a bag book sale going on. It's in a good location for us and I would hate to see it go.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 pm My bone marrow biopsy went well, I spent 2 nights at my daughters. The second night was because yesterday was her SO's birthday and I was able to join in

I made a tiny flat screen TV, with advertising. He has his own roofing business so I simply put in his business card.

It came out cute.

I got to meet and hold my great grandson. I took a couple of photos of him.

I am glad to be home.

Penny
Penny I am happy to hear your bone marrow biopsy went well and that you are now home and resting well.

Glad you were able to hold your great grand son. They grow up so quickly.

Your tiny TV sounds really cute

Take care. Love and ((hugs)) from your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Not much going on here. We did get a break in the weather today. It is 90 F. Yesterday and the day before we had a heat index of 100 to 101F. Today the humidity is down. I was able to open the windows this morning and enjoy the cooler weather until around 2:00 PM. Teddi was starting to whine and was restless so I closed up the house and turned on the A/C. He promptly went to sleep. Can we say spoiled.. lol.

Slowly my poison ivy removing equipment has been arriving. Today received my full-body throw away jump suit and my N95 masks as well as a special lotion to rub on my skin before I put the suit on. I also ordered full face plastic shields and have veterinary gloves that cover my hands and arms all the way to the shoulders. Just need the poison ivy eradicator. I am not looking forward to confronting the poison ivy but is is invading my personal space... There is a plant that is about 3 ft tall that has grown right outside my front door and has fallen over the side walk. The vines are starting to grow up the posts of my side porch and certain areas around the foundation.. Yikes!! I am highly allergic so I hope these precautions will protect me. I cut the front door vine down early this spring but due to the rain it has gotten out of control. Several years ago one of my great nephews thought he had gotten rid of it but the roots are deep and in a difficult spot to dig out. After I cut it back I am going to pour canning salt in the area and then nothing will grow there again. I will top it off with weed barrier and some river rocks.

Maggie and Clem thanks for the suggestion of g.mail. I am going to check in to it. Right now facing the enemy ie poison ivy...lol.

Have a good rest of the week-end everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 pm My bone marrow biopsy went well, I spent 2 nights at my daughters. The second night was because yesterday was her SO's birthday and I was able to join in

I made a tiny flat screen TV, with advertising. He has his own roofing business so I simply put in his business card.

It came out cute.

I got to meet and hold my great grandson. I took a couple of photos of him.

I am glad to be home.

Penny
Penny, I hope that you get good results from your biopsy. When you said the other day that you’d be spending the night at your daughter‘s house, I didn't catch the reason.

Your mini TV sounds super cute.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have felt agitated all day but feel better now.

I did not go to the book drop box. I decided to wait until Tuesday when I have a hair appointment in the same area.

Tomorrow is the children’s hospital pickup on my street. Supposedly it is going to rain over night starting at 10. So instead of putting the boxes out tonight I’ll wait until morning. They say rain or shine but I don’t want the things to get soaked.

I’m working on my puzzle. Although I’m about half done it is tedious and I’m considering stopping. The middle section that is left is mostly orange and I do not have good light. I do the puzzles on my dining room table with an overhead light.

Have a good rest of the day.