Daily Check in June 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 14, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I miss Logic's rundown on each day's designation. But I saw a list today put out by a local TV station that today is:
Flag Day in the US
Bourbon day
Blood Donor day
Birthday of the US Army

I got up and walked at the Y. Tonight Is my support group meeting. I finished the darn Quilt. Now I need to start to study for a cert exam on the 29th. I also swung by the Office store and got a desk chair mat.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 14, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Incredibly Canada has nothing designated for today, perhaps I will join in the Bourbon Day (mind you I do not drink Bourbon).

I usually check what the day is designated for at some point each day. It is amazing how different it is between the US and Canada.

It is going to be very warm here today. I will be hanging all the laundry so things should all be dry by mid afternoon, if not well before. I need to get out for my walk as well before it gets way too hot to enjoy it. I have been averaging 11K steps a day, with one day of just under 10K. Hopefully I can keep that up, but my Garmin Vivofit seems to like to raise my step goal each day and one of these days it will be at the point where I will not be able to sustain walking for that period of time.

Lots to do around the house and a few things I need to get done from last week. Sitting around the firepit last night instead of being in the house working has put me a bit behind. Still it was lovely to just sit, Hubby came out for awhile as well. I watched my solar lighting come on and noticed one or two that were not lighting up....guess I will need to change those, and the baby owl's eyes are not lighting up either.. Sad about that.

We or should I say Hubby smoked a beef roast last night for supper. It was okay, could have been smoked a bit longer, and the vegetables we added did not cook properly. I think Hubby needs to do some research on that. Still it kept the house from heating, and the air conditioning working overtime.

Frugal happenings will be the usual. I am saving a few containers to use the next time I make sugar scrub. I just need to remove the labels when the time comes to use them.

Supper tonight is going to be the last of the leftover chicken made into a casserole (or I will make a main dish pasta salad if it is really warm out).

Today I am grateful for my clothesline and beautiful drying weather.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I woke up to the sound of moderately heavy rain. Sounded so good! It is still overcast and there is more rain in the forecast.

I also miss Logic’s daily special days. We always considered today, June 14, as Flag Day.

Tonight my friends and I are going to dinner. It is at the same Italian restaurant where my friend and her DH took me for lunch for my birthday and I took her for her birthday. We’ll probably eat outside. They have a large covered outdoor seating area. I’ve never been there for dinner.

For many years, I’ve had a very cute clear acrylic cat nightlight at the top of my stairs. It has a light sensor, something pretty hard to find in a nightlight. It was out last night and I thought it was the bulb but it doesn’t work with the new bulb. I’ll miss it.

Have a good day.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all. DH's surgery has been moved up to next Monday! They had a cancelation. Very grateful.
Supposed to rain today so we won't have to water.
My whole house needs a good deep clean..so I will start one section at a time.
There is also so much weeding to do. Will get to that eventually.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well last night. I have showered and dressed, I heated up blueberry muffins for breakfast. I am still tired, I have no pain except standing up from my wing chair and sitting down in it.

I put a dress wash into the washer this morning. Yesterday, I made a mess with whipped cream all over my dress. So my dresses are in the washer.

My daughter gave me an Amazon gift card I placed that order this morning. Most of it was essential items. I needed.

I am printing a pattern for a bag for my cell phone. I have to really modify the pattern. I don’t want lots of pockets. But this pattern was free, and I knew I would really need to modify a bag for my needs I wanted a starting point.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:45 am Good morning all. DH's surgery has been moved up to next Monday! They had a cancelation. Very grateful.
Supposed to rain today so we won't have to water.
My whole house needs a good deep clean..so I will start one section at a time.
There is also so much weeding to do. Will get to that eventually.
Good news! I will pray for your DH.