Daily Check in June 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in June 14, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update:

What started out as a quiet, mellow day ended up a little side ways LOL

I thawed some Italian sausage for pizza buns and while cooking it, DD2 called...car trouble...so I had to meet her after work at the garage and she now has my SUV until her vehicle is fixed. Of course she is fretting over the $$$$.
Like I told her, she is not the only one to have issues...it will pass and things will get better. Just a lot of things have happened since her divorce.

So car is now at the shop, pizza buns made and they are good! Hopefully she can calm down and things will even out. She probably just spent her emergency fund but she will just have to build it up again...
i remember those days and they sucked.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did some laundry, sweeping and mopping. Watered my veggies and gathered lots of tomatoes. Those will have to given out tomorrow. No way can we eat them all. I ate two today in sandwiches - so good.

And we saved a tree!!!

OMG - had a couple of posts that the state road people were going to chop down an old landmark live oak tree.

Then we found out it would be done tomorrow! Lots of people shared info on social media - made phone calls to state reps, congressmen etc. And the tree is saved for now.

It is in a rural intersection. We have several sand plants out there since the soil is sandy. They use it for oil drilling. You should see how bad it has gotten out here. All the sand pits, sand trucks taking over our roads etc. We figured the county and state wanted to make it easier for the trucks to make the turn there - so chop down the tree. No way Jose!!!

The tree lives to fight another day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:45 am Good morning all. DH's surgery has been moved up to next Monday! They had a cancelation. Very grateful.
Supposed to rain today so we won't have to water.
My whole house needs a good deep clean..so I will start one section at a time.
There is also so much weeding to do. Will get to that eventually.
Trees, I will be thinking of you and your DH today and tomorrow and praying that all goes well for him. (((Hugs)))
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:18 am Good morning beautiful people,

I went to get my second Pfizer shot this morning and so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I am so grateful to have this behind me and returning to a more normal life. I also picked up a few groceries we are completely out of in person. It’s been months since I did this and it felt good to select my own produce.

I finally made the decision to call my medical oncologist’s nurse and discuss the adverse side effects I seem to be experiencing from my medication. She was very understanding and said she would email the oncologist a report. Hopefully I will hear back later today or possibly tomorrow. I have given this medication a really good trial but it seems to be adversely affecting my quality of life. I am willing to try another aromatase inhibitor as honestly I don’t think I can carry on with the current situation. My appointment with the medical oncologist has been deferred twice and I am now having a phone consultation with him three months later than originally scheduled. I have an appointment with the radiation oncologist next week and had blood work last Friday and was trying to hold off until I received those results. But after experiencing two almost full fledged anxiety attacks ( rapid heart beat, shallow breathing, dizziness) over some very minor issues last week I am not willing to wait longer.

Christmas Trees so happy your husband’s appointment has been bumped up!

No need to water the garden and flowers today as we had a shower last night. I am going to do some vacuuming and hopefully take in a nice long walk, but have to remain home to wait for the phone call.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Creative I am behind on reading the daily's hope you are able to talk to your oncologist and get some relief from your current medication and they can find something that will work better for you. (( hug)) your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:22 pm Did some laundry, sweeping and mopping. Watered my veggies and gathered lots of tomatoes. Those will have to given out tomorrow. No way can we eat them all. I ate two today in sandwiches - so good.

And we saved a tree!!!

OMG - had a couple of posts that the state road people were going to chop down an old landmark live oak tree.

Then we found out it would be done tomorrow! Lots of people shared info on social media - made phone calls to state reps, congressmen etc. And the tree is saved for now.

It is in a rural intersection. We have several sand plants out there since the soil is sandy. They use it for oil drilling. You should see how bad it has gotten out here. All the sand pits, sand trucks taking over our roads etc. We figured the county and state wanted to make it easier for the trucks to make the turn there - so chop down the tree. No way Jose!!!

The tree lives to fight another day.
Yippee! I am glad you were able to save the tree. They are important in so many ways.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:06 am Trees, I will be thinking of you and your DH today and tomorrow and praying that all goes well for him. (((Hugs)))
Thank you So much! We are in our hotel now....right across from the medical center.