Daily Check in June 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in June 14, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Clem,

Just want you to know that I’m thinking of your sister and hope she does well at home. You and your siblings gave her a good head start by cleaning her home and making sure her refrigerator has the best food for her. (((Hugs)))
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:45 am Good morning all. DH's surgery has been moved up to next Monday! They had a cancelation. Very grateful.
Supposed to rain today so we won't have to water.
My whole house needs a good deep clean..so I will start one section at a time.
There is also so much weeding to do. Will get to that eventually.
Great news.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:44 am Good morning friends.

I woke up to the sound of moderately heavy rain. Sounded so good! It is still overcast and there is more rain in the forecast.

I also miss Logic’s daily special days. We always considered today, June 14, as Flag Day.

Tonight my friends and I are going to dinner. It is at the same Italian restaurant where my friend and her DH took me for lunch for my birthday and I took her for her birthday. We’ll probably eat outside. They have a large covered outdoor seating area. I’ve never been there for dinner.

For many years, I’ve had a very cute clear acrylic cat nightlight at the top of my stairs. It has a light sensor, something pretty hard to find in a nightlight. It was out last night and I thought it was the bulb but it doesn’t work with the new bulb. I’ll miss it.

Have a good day.
Look again. I bought a package of 2 nightlights for my bathroom. They re LED and go off when the light goes on. IT is a GE brand.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am Clem,

Just want you to know that I’m thinking of your sister and hope she does well at home. You and your siblings gave her a good head start by cleaning her home and making sure her refrigerator has the best food for her. (((Hugs)))
Just got back from checking on her. She looks good. But has one new medication they are trying to get. Local pharmacy won't have it until tomorrow so going to one in the bigger town. Her DIL is handling that. We tried to get some from the hospital before we left, but they can't do that. I don't think missing one day will be too bad - knock on wood.

Now I need to work on cleaning my house! :mrgreen:
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I went to get my second Pfizer shot this morning and so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I am so grateful to have this behind me and returning to a more normal life. I also picked up a few groceries we are completely out of in person. It’s been months since I did this and it felt good to select my own produce.

I finally made the decision to call my medical oncologist’s nurse and discuss the adverse side effects I seem to be experiencing from my medication. She was very understanding and said she would email the oncologist a report. Hopefully I will hear back later today or possibly tomorrow. I have given this medication a really good trial but it seems to be adversely affecting my quality of life. I am willing to try another aromatase inhibitor as honestly I don’t think I can carry on with the current situation. My appointment with the medical oncologist has been deferred twice and I am now having a phone consultation with him three months later than originally scheduled. I have an appointment with the radiation oncologist next week and had blood work last Friday and was trying to hold off until I received those results. But after experiencing two almost full fledged anxiety attacks ( rapid heart beat, shallow breathing, dizziness) over some very minor issues last week I am not willing to wait longer.

Christmas Trees so happy your husband’s appointment has been bumped up!

No need to water the garden and flowers today as we had a shower last night. I am going to do some vacuuming and hopefully take in a nice long walk, but have to remain home to wait for the phone call.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 am Look again. I bought a package of 2 nightlights for my bathroom. They re LED and go off when the light goes on. IT is a GE brand.
Thanks. I’ll look for them!