Daily Check in June 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 15, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is bright and sunny out there. Temps are going up. The texas utility commission cautioned about using too much power. Wonder if we will have rolling brown outs.

Haven't done much yet. Still keeping up with the tree saving effort from yesterday

A radio station wants to do interviews. The local county newspaper is doing a front page story. That tree is getting a lot of recognition

It was crazy that the state was just going to go in there and cut it down to make room for a turning land. That tree was a direction landmark. When you get to the big oak - turn left or right. EMS here said that even Air Life used it as a direction finder/landmark.

Hope they don't change their minds.

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:42 pm
Good morning all

It is bright and sunny out there. Temps are going up. The texas utility commission cautioned about using too much power. Wonder if we will have rolling brown outs.

Haven't done much yet. Still keeping up with the tree saving effort from yesterday

A radio station wants to do interviews. The local county newspaper is doing a front page story. That tree is getting a lot of recognition

It was crazy that the state was just going to go in there and cut it down to make room for a turning land. That tree was a direction landmark. When you get to the big oak - turn left or right. EMS here said that even Air Life used it as a direction finder/landmark.

Hope they don't change their minds.
your tree is like a red barn that was torn down because they are putting a subdivision on the farm . It was used as a direction as it was at the intersection f 2 roads. One of which I have lived all my life on. I remember when the “old” barn burnt and this one was built. At least 75 yrs ago when I was small. I could see it from my house.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Think how many decades it took to grow that old oak. It ought to be a major sin to cut it!

Owned, I am sorry about your little Pom. (((hugs)))

I spent most of the morning yesterday getting an eye check up. This was with the new doctor at the neuro-ophthalmologist's office. She was very nice and wants to see me in four months, although everything seems to be holding steady. The rest of the day I spent being lazy and reading in a dim room because the drops and tests give me a headache.

Today I have been decluttering: cleaned out and organized my dresser and closet, though the closet was in good shape. Going to start on the pantry next and tidy it up.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Owned, I hope that you get better news about your Pom after the next blood tests.

I’ve had a busy morning.

I got my haircut and then drove to the Better World Books box. I got most them into the box but could not fit the last two. I called the phone number and gave the box number on the automated line to report a full box. Then I drove to Salvation Army and gave the donations I was going to leave for the children’s hospital. I was afraid to put the box out yesterday because we had rain off and on.

I went to mom’s house since I didn’t go yesterday. It worked out because the trash had not been picked up so I put out the big can even though it was only half full. I’ve noticed that the trash truck is coming later than in the past. Then I cut the side strip and the part of the backyard that could use cutting. I have to put a certain amount of gas in the mower to get it started so wanted to do more than the side strip. Finally I did a bit of trimming in the backyard.

Pippi’s appointment is at 4:30 so I gave her her pill when I got home around 1:30. She is still eating well.

Today is mom’s birthday. She would be 97. I was glad to spend some time at the house and feel close to her.

Have a good rest of the day.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

feeling a little restless

Too warm to be outside and the hum of the AC disturbs me - lol.

Haven't done anything yet. Well just watered my veggies. I hope they don't die from the heat. My beefsteak tomatoes are still green.

I have a bunch of other tomatoes, so will be heading out to take them to family. We can't eat them all

Have a great afternoon

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Trying to relax

Had a yummy snack - sliced rich red homegrown tomatoes with avocado slices. The tomatoes almost make summer bearable.

Just cannot get into this season at the moment. Maybe the humidity. :shock:

I was just dripping with sweat yesterday. That doesn't normally happen unless i am working out. Yesterday all I was doing was watering the veggies.