Daily Check in June 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 15, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Walked this morning. Working on picking up my pace a bit.

I've got nothing out of the ordinary on tap for today. All food should be from home. I want to read a chapter in my technical training book before going to bed.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check in June 15, 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Got up at 4. Got morning “have to do” things done. Feed dogs. Let goats out and make breakfast. Waiting on son in law to come and cut grass. Have to open and close gates for hi because of the goats. Got bad news yesterday concerning one of the dogs. The Pom that wakes me every morning at 4. Had blood work on the Pom in order to have his teeth cleaned and his blood work showed liver and pancreas levels really high. So high that she mentioned pancreatic cancer. Except for more water drinking and peeing a lot, no other symptoms I can see. It was a shock! Thought it might have been diabetes. He is 10. Changing his food and recheck in 3 weeks.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in, that is the first time I slept straight through and overslept in years. I am paying for that indulgence with a sore back and hips right now. Also with fingers that in no way want to type properly.

Upping my amount of steps, and the sort of longer night fasting before breakfast seems to have worked I am down 8 lbs since the start of last month. However doing 11-13K steps a day will be much harder to keep up with when winter hits.

Today I will be walking in a different direction. I will go and pick up our allowances for the next I think 4 weeks (two weeks will be put away). I want to see if I can cut down on card usages as the bank is raising it's service fees. The fewer banking transactions the better as far as I am concerned. Then when the new fees come out we will look at this again.

Bills will be paid online today and some other paperwork I have managed to put off done.

It is going to be a hot one today, but I still need to make the apple crisp, bake some bread, and bake a cake for strawberry shortcake. Still cool right now so perhaps right after I have my walk.

Then as I sat on my deck for a short period last night I noticed the rhubarb really needed picking....another small chore for today.

The rest of the chores are the usual Tuesday ones and I have gotten so used to doing those I will be able to zip right through them.

Supper today will see me using up some leftover ham from the fridge freezer along with some rice and the last of the broccoli should make a pretty good meal.

Today I am grateful for the wonderfully refreshing sleep I had.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:38 am Got up at 4. Got morning “have to do” things done. Feed dogs. Let goats out and make breakfast. Waiting on son in law to come and cut grass. Have to open and close gates for hi because of the goats. Got bad news yesterday concerning one of the dogs. The Pom that wakes me every morning at 4. Had blood work on the Pom in order to have his teeth cleaned and his blood work showed liver and pancreas levels really high. So high that she mentioned pancreatic cancer. Except for more water drinking and peeing a lot, no other symptoms I can see. It was a shock! Thought it might have been diabetes. He is 10. Changing his food and recheck in 3 weeks.
Ownedbydogs so sorry to read about the Pom's problems. I do hope it is not cancer.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well, but did wake up early. 5:45 am.

I have gathered and put out the trash, i didn’t have much as I wasn’t home for 2 days.

I made new Templates for the 3 inch tall dolls. I could only find the doll template when I went looking. I use covers from plastic folders, flexible binders, and gallon jugs.

I want to try making Ruth Bader Ginsberg on a tiny doll rather than knitting her. I have everything I need. I thought I needed a half yard of unbleached muslin, but I found some in my bin of doll making supplies. I have enough for several dolls. I ruined some fiddling with my buttonhole foot.

Penny

edited to remove information
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I have been taking it easy today. I woke up with a bit of a headache, very sore arm and nausea, I assume from the vaccine. The only things I have done today have been watering the flower pots, picking some rhubarb and cooking the rhubarb. For whatever reason that’s what I feel like eating with some plain yogurt.

Still waiting on some phone calls and just going to lounge around the house today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative