Daily Check in June 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in June 16, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:20 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

A beautiful, sunny mild summers day! Dh got his second Moderna shot so now the whole family is vaccinated! We decided to celebrate by taking a picnic to a nearby provincial park with a large waterfall. I’m afraid we didn’t pack the usual picnic fare as we had very little food on hand. But I made our usual huge salad and packed two forks with the dressing in a container, some fresh cut up pineapple, some Ryvita crackers with cream cheese and hummus, green tea and water. Dh commented other people will think we eat like rabbits. After lunch we went on their hiking trail and of course enjoyed the waterfalls. We have decided to celebrate the little things as honestly one day simply melds into another otherwise. We each had an ice cream cone which was a great treat! The park was very quiet and overnight camping is still not allowed. Today the admission was free.

Dinner will be leftovers so it’s wonderful to have a day free of cooking. But of course we will have the usual cleanup afterwards. I am actually a bit excited to go grocery shopping tomorrow in person! I also have to pick up some printer cartridge from Staples now that I am allowed in the store. Hopefully I will not have to wait outside, but capacity is at 15%. For grocery stores it is 25%. I may not go tomorrow to Staples, as then I have an excuse to get out of the house on another day.

I am going to be lazy and enjoy sitting on the deck.

Creative
Creative your picnic lunch sounds lovely. I would be very happy with it. I would also love to sit by a waterfall and enjoy the sound of it while eating. Congrats to your family that you are all vaccinated.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Pregnant one is hanging in there, she is out of hospital with instructions to take it easy....she seems fine and not worried.
She was told she can do light work, no bending over for any amount of time and no lifting. Has to go back to women's center tomorrow for another check and then if all remains well ... checked every week. Maybe 2 times a week. Thank you so very much for prayers and good thoughts. I KNOW prayer works.

Because I had so much nervous energy I stacked all of the firewood the fiancé brought...3 truck loads. I kept my phone with me for updates
Got my house chores done, and ate leftovers for supper. Like Jackie, I need to bake something for "the sweet tooth"...cookies ? muffins? cake? pie? probably pie and cookies...cake has never been a favorite with me. Maybe brownies.... :roll: Truth be told I would love to have some stuff from the Mexican bakery. :lol:

I have decided to stockpile again this summer like i did last year, we have done a really good job of using stuff. Need to pull out the lists from last year and will duplicate it. We get our beef tomorrow, and I need to pull the chicken to the side and use it up before getting more.

Off to see what is going on with others.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 am Good late morning all,

This has turned into an upended week, the pregnant one (7 months) has been in and out of the womens center, premature labor pains probably from overdueing it but...this has been a difficult pregnancy from the start... I would like to request prayers for her and the baby.
She is not all that worried acting but has been told to take it easier. Has to go everyday for shots, monitoring and stress tests.

I have mainly been hanging around the house and doing stuff to stay busy and trying not to worry.

Not much else going on, will maybe update later.

JCKitty
Absolutely sending prayers for mom and baby.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

JC Kitty-will definitely pray for the mommy and the baby to keep them safe!

Today is Tuesday. On Sunday we had a family graduation party for my dd (we limited to the immediate family only bc we are vaccinated, but others in the extended family have kids who go out and do activities like fencing, basketball,etc and the kids are not vaccinated bc they are still young). So be we have two grandbabies we were protecting them. I feel bad for my dd bc something always happens that shortchanges her. This time it was a pandemic! I did a Mexican taco theme which she wanted. Well, that tuckered me out soooo much that Monday was a blur! Plus I did a cycling class at 7:30 AM which further wiped me out!

That class by far was the hardest for me-I do not even know how to ride a real bike but I have an exercise bike at home. This was much more intense-like riding up and down a mountain and standing up cycling-and that seat was so painful to my butt-I asked if they had wider seats lol! And forget that they say bicycling is fine for the knees, I was fine going in but leaving the class my knees and upper arms and back and scapula (leaning against the bars I guess) were killing me and everything flared up! So Tues I was still wiped out so I did not attend exercise class but had things I had to do anyway. Wed-STILL wiped out! Didn't go to class.

Taking care of my brother's two dogs too while he is on vacation. He took my son with him too with his family. I figure let him have some fun since we are not going anywhere. I have to take care of dd having surgery and the next month, take care of my mom after surgery. So just taking care of everyone! I certainly hope tomorrow I feel better and more energetic-sheesh! This weekend we are having Father's day celebration so cooking again and cleaning. I hope it is not anything I should be worried about being so tired! I also had heart burn too the past few days-yuck! Must be the spicy food getting to me these days.

Today I made eggplant with a few green bell peppers, onions and tomatoes curry dish-really good. Vegetarian. All from the garden-I only had one tomato plant(rest are cherry tomatoes-Idk why I bought only one regular tomato plant this time-idk what I was thinking) and this tomato is the BEST tasting tomato I ever had! I don't know what it was though-darn-bc I would like that one again!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:31 pm JC Kitty-will definitely pray for the mommy and the baby to keep them safe!

Today is Tuesday. On Sunday we had a family graduation party for my dd (we limited to the immediate family only bc we are vaccinated, but others in the extended family have kids who go out and do activities like fencing, basketball,etc and the kids are not vaccinated bc they are still young). So be we have two grandbabies we were protecting them. I feel bad for my dd bc something always happens that shortchanges her. This time it was a pandemic! I did a Mexican taco theme which she wanted. Well, that tuckered me out soooo much that Monday was a blur! Plus I did a cycling class at 7:30 AM which further wiped me out!

That class by far was the hardest for me-I do not even know how to ride a real bike but I have an exercise bike at home. This was much more intense-like riding up and down a mountain and standing up cycling-and that seat was so painful to my butt-I asked if they had wider seats lol! And forget that they say bicycling is fine for the knees, I was fine going in but leaving the class my knees and upper arms and back and scapula (leaning against the bars I guess) were killing me and everything flared up! So Tues I was still wiped out so I did not attend exercise class but had things I had to do anyway. Wed-STILL wiped out! Didn't go to class.

Taking care of my brother's two dogs too while he is on vacation. He took my son with him too with his family. I figure let him have some fun since we are not going anywhere. I have to take care of dd having surgery and the next month, take care of my mom after surgery. So just taking care of everyone! I certainly hope tomorrow I feel better and more energetic-sheesh! This weekend we are having Father's day celebration so cooking again and cleaning. I hope it is not anything I should be worried about being so tired! I also had heart burn too the past few days-yuck! Must be the spicy food getting to me these days.

Today I made eggplant with a few green bell peppers, onions and tomatoes curry dish-really good. Vegetarian. All from the garden-I only had one tomato plant(rest are cherry tomatoes-Idk why I bought only one regular tomato plant this time-idk what I was thinking) and this tomato is the BEST tasting tomato I ever had! I don't know what it was though-darn-bc I would like that one again!

EM take it easy with the exercises. You need to ease in to things. When starting out you need to monitor your abilities rather than trying to stay up with the class. You are busy doing a lot for others and it all adds up. Hope you feel better soon.

I love hearing about what you are cooking. You are making great use of your garden.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:55 am EM take it easy with the exercises. You need to ease in to things. When starting out you need to monitor your abilities rather than trying to stay up with the class. You are busy doing a lot for others and it all adds up. Hope you feel better soon.

I love hearing about what you are cooking. You are making great use of your garden.
THANK YOU! Yes, I am taking it easy this week lol-esp it is soooo hot like over 100 degrees!