Daily Check in June 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in June 16, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much new this morning. I started a white wash, I will put it in the dryer when I get home. I am going with Beverly to H-E-B, Tracy will be taking me on Friday.

I went with my friend who lives across the hall to H-E-B, I was able to get most of what I needed. I only got enough to last until Friday, so not much food.

We got home about 10 am it was already hot. She had to go to DollarTree first I picked up a couple of things I wanted.

I bought an ear of corn and a NY strip steak for my dinner at noon. Yesterday I had a hot dog with sauerkraut, and beans. I will freeze the leftovers.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Kitty will keep your DD and her baby in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I actually slept well. Fell asleep before my usual Murder She Wrote episodes ended. Woke up about 530 to make a trip to the potty. And went right back to sleep. Got up about 9

The pack has been in and out. It is warm out there so they don't stay outside too long. And then there are people working on the empty house next door. They have a generator running all day :shock:

Have already done the usual mopping. Have to take my sibling some tomatoes later.

We are under heat advisory again and to limit power usage. People are not complying.... :mrgreen:
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

A beautiful, sunny mild summers day! Dh got his second Moderna shot so now the whole family is vaccinated! We decided to celebrate by taking a picnic to a nearby provincial park with a large waterfall. I’m afraid we didn’t pack the usual picnic fare as we had very little food on hand. But I made our usual huge salad and packed two forks with the dressing in a container, some fresh cut up pineapple, some Ryvita crackers with cream cheese and hummus, green tea and water. Dh commented other people will think we eat like rabbits. After lunch we went on their hiking trail and of course enjoyed the waterfalls. We have decided to celebrate the little things as honestly one day simply melds into another otherwise. We each had an ice cream cone which was a great treat! The park was very quiet and overnight camping is still not allowed. Today the admission was free.

Dinner will be leftovers so it’s wonderful to have a day free of cooking. But of course we will have the usual cleanup afterwards. I am actually a bit excited to go grocery shopping tomorrow in person! I also have to pick up some printer cartridge from Staples now that I am allowed in the store. Hopefully I will not have to wait outside, but capacity is at 15%. For grocery stores it is 25%. I may not go tomorrow to Staples, as then I have an excuse to get out of the house on another day.

I am going to be lazy and enjoy sitting on the deck.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Kitty I am thinking of your Dd and the baby. Keeping fingers crossed for both!

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, my son was a preemie and I would not wish that on any family. Prayers going out that the baby can stay safe in Mom until the right time. (((Hugs)))

It's a bit hotter today, but still pleasant for June in Tennessee. I have continued doing the deep cleaning and organizing. Today I cleaned the kitchen blind, which is a chore because I have to sit on the counter top with my feet in the sink to do it, then washed the window, cleaned the stove backsplash, cleaned the kitchen, laundry room and back porch, and then went through all the cabinets in the laundry room and had a massive decluttering and organizing.

I stopped to take a load of stuff to Goodwill, then mopped the front porch and washed down the wood furniture out there. Earlier today I vacuumed the furniture on the back porch, so I feel like our house is happy again.

Tomorrow I want to wash the living room windows and the glass doors to DH's office, vacuum the blinds in the laundry room, and throughly dust the whole house with Endust. It really does help keep the dust down.
Mackie