Daily Check In June 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In June 17, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

frugalmom wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:46 am [snip]

BTW, I just had my security pop up and block a trojan horse attack I guess. But I was only typing this post and didn't go anywhere else!? Maybe I clicked accidentally on one of these ads or something bc as I type sometimes ads block what I am typing, but Idk if it is from that? Does trojans just pop up and attack without you clicklng anything!?
1. There are a lot of things that the amti-malware software flags as trojans but are not really.
2. Yes us usually have the click on something or go to an infected page for the malware to transfer to your machine.
3. Yay! your security program is working. `
frugalmom

Re: Daily Check In June 17, 2021

Post by frugalmom »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:50 am 1. There are a lot of things that the amti-malware software flags as trojans but are not really.
2. Yes us usually have the click on something or go to an infected page for the malware to transfer to your machine.
3. Yay! your security program is working. `
Thank you-yes good it was working! But idk how I had a trojan pop up bc all I was doing was typing this post unless one of these ads that get in the way of my posts (which drives me crazy) maybe held the trojan? So idk!? :?