Daily Check In June 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In June 17, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Dh is home and laying on the couch- not feeling well after his Moderna vaccine. I think he perhaps overdid it yesterday as he cut the lawn.

I went in person to the store and came back with a large amount of food. It has all been put away and lunch is prepared (salad and vegetable pizza). That’s what Dh requested so at least his appetite is normal. He has the chills and fatigue. I will give him a Tylenol after lunch and see if that perks him up. I spent more money than I intended this morning but did stock up on a lot of their specials. Some of the regularly priced items do cost more than Walmart as well.

Lunch and the clean up is now finished and I am relaxing on the deck in the shade. It’s starting to get really hot but we do have a nice breeze.

I am going to do some reading now and will just enjoy a lazy summer afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Creative, overdoing it is a problem with getting the shot. That second one is rough.

I am being less productive today. Have taken up the neckline of a really cute blouse (why is everything cut down to THERE now?) and tried to change out the blades on our hair clippers. Discovered the Amazon seller had described them as fitting our clippers when the actual product was too big, so I arranged to send it back.

On the plus side, our clippers run better after being taken apart and cleaned, but they may still be dull. DS's mane of coarse, curly hair seemed to do them in last time I used them.

Otherwise, I have puttered and done tiny bits of tidying. It's amazing what I do not get to while working full time. Maybe no one else notices that the floor of the broom closet is filthy, but I do and finally had time to sweep and wash it this week.

DH and I are supposed to go out for an early supper today to belatedly celebrate our anniversary, which was last month before our vaccinations took effect. He has fully embraced eating out again, since I am no good at cooking a decent steak at home. :-D

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon friends.

Kitty, I’ve added your DD to my prayers.

Creative, I had the Moderna vaccine and was hit with chills and fatigue with the second dose, too.

We had a fairly heavy rain last night!

I’ve been busy doing small tasks. This morning I started driving to Publix and my tire light was on again. I went to the service station where I get my repairs done and they checked and said the tires were all OK. The sensor went out when I started the car. He thought it might be the weather and I think it might be because I drive so little, also. I like to give him a tip for checking the tires but did not want to give him my only cash, a $10 bill. But I remembered I had a Rx bottle filled with quarters and counted out $3 for him.

I dropped some jewelry at the church school thrift store and then went to the”big” Publix. I found 15 cans of Pippi’s favorite food so I bought 12 and left 3 cans. I did find out that Amazon has a 24-pack of just that flavor.

At Publix I bought some restaurant gift cards for a friend in Orlando. Long story but in a nutshell her wife had heart valve surgery that went wrong and the wife, age 50, is now on a ventilator and it looks like she will be transferred to a nursing/rehab facility in Georgia. The prognosis is very poor.

I stated watching Lupin on Netflix. It is a robbery caper show. So far (one episode) I really like it. It was made in French but dubbed in English.

Soon I’ll head to mom’s house for a bit.

Have a good day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 am MJ would love to have the Macaroni Dill pickle recipe. Glad you have your little buddy to spend time with.
I'll post the recipe Saturday. After I mentioned it, I realized the recipe I have says things like "Add 5 dill pickles" but doesn't give like a measured cup amount. I want to make it again so I can better write out how much of each I use. Once you've made it and tasted it, you can understand how much you want to add of each ingredient. :-)

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:49 pm I'll post the recipe Saturday. After I mentioned it, I realized the recipe I have says things like "Add 5 dill pickles" but doesn't give like a measured cup amount. I want to make it again so I can better write out how much of each I use. Once you've made it and tasted it, you can understand how much you want to add of each ingredient. :-)

MJ
Take your time. Looking forward to making it.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Dh is home and laying on the couch- not feeling well after his Moderna vaccine. I think he perhaps overdid it yesterday as he cut the lawn.

I went in person to the store and came back with a large amount of food. It has all been put away and lunch is prepared (salad and vegetable pizza). That’s what Dh requested so at least his appetite is normal. He has the chills and fatigue. I will give him a Tylenol after lunch and see if that perks him up. I spent more money than I intended this morning but did stock up on a lot of their specials. Some of the regularly priced items do cost more than Walmart as well.

Lunch and the clean up is now finished and I am relaxing on the deck in the shade. It’s starting to get really hot but we do have a nice breeze.

I am going to do some reading now and will just enjoy a lazy summer afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Creative sorry to hear your DH is not feeling well. The best thing is to take it easy for a few days.
Janet Alliesmama