Daily Check In June 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. Getting coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In June 17, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I've been MIA again. This week, I have been hanging with Emmitt and just "goofing off" when I get home. I don't sleep well at night and wake-up a lot, all night long! I usually get home around 1:00 after dropping my little guy off at Kindergarten and then come home for lunch. I watch a little TV and then have a big nap! Getting up around 5:30 or 6:00 am is not my gig! I don't NEED to get up that early, I just do.

I think I mentioned a delicious new summer salad that Zoe introduced me to a couple of weeks ago. It is Macaroni Dill Pickle and Cheese Salad. It is so good! I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. It is so different from all the usual macaroni summer salads. It has a lot of cheese in it but Zoe did say she sometimes "jazzes it up" by adding some chopped chicken breasts. I made some last weekend and took some to my friend who loved it like me!

I saw a really cute rag quilt on FB Market Place the other day and thought, "Hey! You should make one of those as a comforter for your bed!!" So, sometime in the future, I am going to go through my stash and see what I can put together for fabric choices and see what I have that could make a comforter and sham.

I'm sitting here, DYING for a COFFEE, but I now wait until I get over to hang out with Emmitt. We have a little thing worked out where I have ONE cup of coffee when I first arrive while we just cuddle. Then? On the second cup, we do a little of a number or letter workbook that Zoe has set out for him. He's a very smart cookie on his math and numbers at age 6!! I don't believe I was doing math until the 3rd Grade! (But that is so long ago, I could be wrong!).

The weekend is almost upon us and I have no real plans. Nothing bigger than the usual, at least not that I know of at this point!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

This morning is a bit cooler than yesterday morning. I may actually do a short walk before I head out shopping. I did just over 10K steps yesterday morning and will continue to do between 10K and 12K each day. As soon as I started to do 12K to 13K is when my body started to rebel. I may just stick to the 12K as top level for a few months before moving higher.

Today is grocery day and my list is ready to go. There is enough room to add some pantry shopping if I hit a really good sale. I also got our yearly rebate from the co-op and will use that to purchase my groceries (it is fairly large so should help pay quite a bit of the costs. I really like our co-op while things are slightly more expensive they make up for that with their rebates, community involvement, and exceptionally friendly service.

There are a few household chores to do as well and since I did not water or deadhead my plants I will need to do so today. Hubby will probably want to water his veggie garden as well.

Then I get to work on my projects. I may leave the cross stitch for a bit and do some sewing. Get some of those projects up off the floor and done. I should be able to get at least one almost done today, and perhaps start on the quilt top blocks. I do need to cut some solid scraps for contrast though first. So perhaps summer top sewing and cutting scraps today.

Other frugal happenings will be the continuing use it up mode of absolutely everything that I can. My grocery bills are staying relatively low because of this, and the sale replacement of items I really need keeps me on top of things. Now if I could only find an extremely good sale on meat I would be happy. I have found the sale prices now to reflect the regular price from last year.

In another effort to keep the grocery costs lower I am trying more vegetarian meals. Today I am giving a vegan curry a chance. Hope Hubby likes it or I could have a problem.

So tonight's meal is going to be something very new to both of us but hopefully vegan three bean chili tastes awesome. Serving it over rice.

Today I am grateful for the neighbour I have had for the last 35 years. I could not have asked for a better one, we will miss her when she moves in a week. I do know who is moving in next door so that is something. The young woman was one of my kids at one of the schools I worked at, and we know her Mom and Dad.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 am Bonne matin toute le monde!

I've been MIA again. This week, I have been hanging with Emmitt and just "goofing off" when I get home. I don't sleep well at night and wake-up a lot, all night long! I usually get home around 1:00 after dropping my little guy off at Kindergarten and then come home for lunch. I watch a little TV and then have a big nap! Getting up around 5:30 or 6:00 am is not my gig! I don't NEED to get up that early, I just do.

I think I mentioned a delicious new summer salad that Zoe introduced me to a couple of weeks ago. It is Macaroni Dill Pickle and Cheese Salad. It is so good! I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. It is so different from all the usual macaroni summer salads. It has a lot of cheese in it but Zoe did say she sometimes "jazzes it up" by adding some chopped chicken breasts. I made some last weekend and took some to my friend who loved it like me!

I saw a really cute rag quilt on FB Market Place the other day and thought, "Hey! You should make one of those as a comforter for your bed!!" So, sometime in the future, I am going to go through my stash and see what I can put together for fabric choices and see what I have that could make a comforter and sham.

I'm sitting here, DYING for a COFFEE, but I now wait until I get over to hang out with Emmitt. We have a little thing worked out where I have ONE cup of coffee when I first arrive while we just cuddle. Then? On the second cup, we do a little of a number or letter workbook that Zoe has set out for him. He's a very smart cookie on his math and numbers at age 6!! I don't believe I was doing math until the 3rd Grade! (But that is so long ago, I could be wrong!).

The weekend is almost upon us and I have no real plans. Nothing bigger than the usual, at least not that I know of at this point!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
MJ would love to have the Macaroni Dill pickle recipe. Glad you have your little buddy to spend time with.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had a lovely night with cool weather and I had my bedroom windows open all night. I had to turn off the ceiling fan it was getting too cold. I had difficulty getting to sleep and finally gave in and took a muscle relaxer around 12:30 AM which means I will be sleepy today.

Today is the day to run around and do errands. Tomorrow the heat is going to be (102 F) (38.8 C).We have not had that high of a temp in the last couple of years and If we have anything that high it is usually in mid to late summer. I feel sorry for my niece in Arizona. Her temp yesterday was (115 F ) (46 C). I do not care if it is dry heat it is way too HOT.

Worked on my budget for July and did a long range projection for my trip to Mexico next year. Also re-worked my budget to start to put X amount away each month for when my washing machine dies. I hope that it will last at least a year if not longer.

I need to work on cooking ahead. I have not been making good food choices and just grabbing what is handy.

Teddi seems to be doing somewhat better.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another bright and sunny day

I've done some general cleaning and now thinking about lunch. It will of course involve tomatoes

Got quite a bit yesterday. So good

I'm taking some to a lady later this afternoon. Other than that listening to tv shows and doing research abot our town.

Have a great day.