Daily Check in June 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 18, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal people,

I did my walk this morning. Now my first load of laundry is in. Today is a holiday for my customer so hoping to continue the slow pace we have had since the first of the month.

I saw a Facebook post that my cousin (Godson) and his wife had their baby Saturday. So that got me in gear to make 4 burp cloths so I can send them.

We are expecting stormy, bumpy weather late afternoon/evening. There is a flash flood warning out. I guess I won't be attending a free concert in the park nearby. Bummer.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, the plants are watered, and I hope to get out and do a bit of weeding after my walk this morning. There are a few inside chores to be completed and I really want to get the fronts of my cupboards cleaned off (they are pretty dusty).

Then another afternoon of sewing should see the second cut out top pattern done. That would only leave the 4" quilt squares, the knitting, and the cross stitch sitting beside my chair. Hopefully a few more of these will be completed by the end of the week.

As far as being frugal the usual will be happening around the old homestead. Using up, substituting where I can, and not exactly pinching pennies, but sure watching where they are spent. I will be setting up a plan to see how we can save on bank fees (why did they go up when banks are making lots of cash right now).

Supper tonight is going to be a small casserole of Lazy Perogies along with the leftover salad from last night.

Today I am grateful that oldest DS got his second dose two days ago and youngest should be eligible for his next week. Having all of us fully vaccinated will be a relief.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Waiting to hear how " prego" is this AM, she is at her appointment....because of Covid protocols no one can go into the women's center with her, can go into general waiting room but there are too many people . So we just wait for news.

We are expecting high heat and storms today, it is very dark this morning and have had some wind. I hope we just get rain without the storms.
Too windy to spray weeds, might be able to run the weed eater , depends so much on the heat.
I hope to get the floors done today along with regular Friday house chores. House is in pretty good shape, but do need to dust.

Thinking tenderloin and fries for supper...
Thats all I have for now,
I sure wish our "missing people" would check in...
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice day outside, but I woke up feeling blah. Maybe it is the weird dreams.

No it is that I am way behind on housework. Too much stuff on kitchen counter - so put that away and organized my tomatoes! Will have to hand some of those out today. I'm forcing myself to do things. Already mopped half the hallway. All these pets - have to stay on top of things, but I don't want to - wah.

I just want to lead a carefree life!!! But I guess don't we all.

Well at least I am getting something done.

Have a good one
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I set my alarm, and it woke me up this morning.

I have really lowered the volume on my TV. About 6 numbers for each channel.

My shopping helper texted me she is running late.

My new keyboard is very very loud. I had to change some of my notifications. I don’t notice the new ones. I hope I hear the new ones.

I still have a lot to learn about this hearing aid. But so far I like it. I don’t like the volume of some things. I will be adjusting some of the settings. I can change the volume on the TV, I can’t change the volume of the keyboard. It is very loud.

I turned down the volume on the hearing aid and up on the TV. It is a learning curve.

But so far I wore it most of yesterday. I put it in after my shower this morning.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Yesterday when I was going to go to mom’s house it started to rain hard. Yeah! So I waited until this morning and I’ve been over there and back. The rain the past few days has been so good. I can already see a difference in the grass. I picked up the yard debris but mostly did some things in the house. I had let the kitchen counter at mom’s house get very cluttered. I forgot to go into the back yard to check the rain gauge.

Before going to mom’s house, I gave Pippi her pill. Her appointment is at 11:30. She seems to be doing well. The water fountain was a good purchase and I think she is drinking more. I ordered more filters and they were delivered yesterday.

I’m still working on the color gradient puzzle. I almost gave up (and still might) but I’m enjoying it a lot more. I’m about half finished. I was planning to sort some of the pieces near the glass door today but it is very overcast right now so we’ll see.

I have a CD due in a few days and it is a fairly large amount. The rates are pitiful and believe it or not I think I’m going to put it in for 39 months for .75%. Pitiful. If rates increase, I can withdraw it and pay a penalty. I’ve already moved some online money into a stock market mix a few months ago and I’m afraid to put more in the stock market. Yes, I’m lucky to have this problem but it is still discouraging.

I hope that Patty is doing well. Really wondering about Rinty and also ColonialGirl.

Have a good day.