Daily Check In June 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In June 19, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Hope you have all had a great week.

The last few days here have been absolutely perfect; mid-70s, low humidity; managed to get outside and walk as well as enjoy a local park two days this week. Today is going to be mid-80s and a bit more humid so I got out and took my walk early. Trying to get in 1-1/2 to 2 hours of exercise a day isn't easy, but it is unfortunately necessary in order for me to drop any kind of weight despite the 1200 to 1400 calories I eat a day.

My sister was all set to be up here around the 24th of July, but it looks like that's going to be about 2 weeks later as she found out this week she has another hernia. It's not a super large one but her doctor said it was already starting to grab at her lower intestines, evidence of severe pain she's been having the last couple of weeks, so she has been scheduled for surgery (yet again, 3rd time actually) for July 1st.

Not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the day but I'm going to try to make it fun.

Best wishes to all,

Logics
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I am up and puttering around, getting stuff done but also enjoying the morning as it is cool and pleasant this A M.
It rained at about 6:30 AM, not enough but at least we got some. It was miserable last late evening, so hot and humid. Supposed to get up into the 80's today.
I need to take a load to the recycle depot and figure out something to cook.
Not much going on today, hopefully a mellow day for all.
Trees, I had to have all of my ash trees removed also, I used the resulting wood in the wood burner but it was incredibly sad and expensive to have them taken done and chopped up. The fiance did most of it but some of them I had to pay for as they were in such precarious places I had to have a company with a crane come in. It was not fun.

Off to hang laundry,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - I am home!

I made it out to the foodbank. Boy was it warm out there

They even had to call an ambulance for one guy that almost passed out. He did have other health issues, but still scary.

I stayed under the pavilion and they finally decided to route the vehicles under there also. Plenty of room. The younger folks were putting the items in the vehicles, and that was in the sun. I did that last month and it poured down rain on us. So last time I was soaking wet due to the rain, this time due to sweat!

But I really enjoy it. Love talking to the regulars. Seeing how we all work together. Hope to do it next month too!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am Hello all,
I am up and puttering around, getting stuff done but also enjoying the morning as it is cool and pleasant this A M.
It rained at about 6:30 AM, not enough but at least we got some. It was miserable last late evening, so hot and humid. Supposed to get up into the 80's today.
I need to take a load to the recycle depot and figure out something to cook.
Not much going on today, hopefully a mellow day for all.
Trees, I had to have all of my ash trees removed also, I used the resulting wood in the wood burner but it was incredibly sad and expensive to have them taken done and chopped up. The fiance did most of it but some of them I had to pay for as they were in such precarious places I had to have a company with a crane come in. It was not fun.

Off to hang laundry,
JCKitty
Yep...huge crane here too. It IS so sad that we have lost all of our ash trees. We do use the firewood. Some were in the path between our and kids property..and we all walk through there...so... very dangerous.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. I woke up early and went grocery shopping. Then we went to visit Homeless Buddy, who is still ailing. The procedure to clean out his leg arteries seems to have partially failed and he has been able to work only three days a week. He is being interviewed Monday by a charity that helps get the homeless into permanent housing, so we have fingers crossed.

DS had hurriedly cut the grass before the rain started, so we took him out to lunch at a burger joint housed in an old gas station. Their burgers are delicious and less expensive than any of the trendy restaurants around town. I brought home everyone's huge pickle spears and added them to our jar of kosher dills in the fridge, nearly filling up the mostly empty jar.

There was a break in the drizzle and I hurried outside at home to chop down a few more invasive vines off the fence. We just try to keep them contained to the back fence, where they make a nice privacy screen.

The house across the street from us was inhabited by a family of friendly yet very troubled rednecks ever since we moved here. They finally moved and the house was bought by a LLC, which remodeled it and put it in the market yesterday for $326K, or about 2.3 times what an average house in this neighborhood was selling for 18 months ago.

We are just stunned at this real estate madness: that house has no garage and a tiny living room, the lot is tiny, without space for a garden, and the kitchen has about five feet of counter space without room to eat in. Yet there's been a constant parade of showings for two days. DH and I sit on the front porch and feel relief that we bought our house ages ago.

It's raining again and all my chores are done, so a nap is looking good. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:05 pm Hi, everyone. I woke up early and went grocery shopping. Then we went to visit Homeless Buddy, who is still ailing. The procedure to clean out his leg arteries seems to have partially failed and he has been able to work only three days a week. He is being interviewed Monday by a charity that helps get the homeless into permanent housing, so we have fingers crossed.

DS had hurriedly cut the grass before the rain started, so we took him out to lunch at a burger joint housed in an old gas station. Their burgers are delicious and less expensive than any of the trendy restaurants around town. I brought home everyone's huge pickle spears and added them to our jar of kosher dills in the fridge, nearly filling up the mostly empty jar.

There was a break in the drizzle and I hurried outside at home to chop down a few more invasive vines off the fence. We just try to keep them contained to the back fence, where they make a nice privacy screen.

The house across the street from us was inhabited by a family of friendly yet very troubled rednecks ever since we moved here. They finally moved and the house was bought by a LLC, which remodeled it and put it in the market yesterday for $326K, or about 2.3 times what an average house in this neighborhood was selling for 18 months ago.

We are just stunned at this real estate madness: that house has no garage and a tiny living room, the lot is tiny, without space for a garden, and the kitchen has about five feet of counter space without room to eat in. Yet there's been a constant parade of showings for two days. DH and I sit on the front porch and feel relief that we bought our house ages ago.

It's raining again and all my chores are done, so a nap is looking good. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Mackie sorry to hear HB is still not well. I hope and pray he will get the assistance that he needs.

I agree real-estate has gone crazy here as well. I too am glad I have my own nest. I have looked in to downsizing and I cannot afford it...lol The prices are too high and the taxes are even higher for the smaller homes. I was lucky to freeze my taxes when I turned 65. It is still a struggle to pay them but cheaper than an apartment or a smaller house. Enjoy your nest. I think you said you will have it paid off some time this year?
Janet Alliesmama