Daily Check In June 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 19, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, but thought I would start us off. Back soon java in hand.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 19, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Once again we are having a cooling off period as far as temperatures. Instead of shorts and a short sleeved blouse it is going to be pants, blouse and zip up light jacket for my walk this morning. I do know that the heat will come back and I will be back to sweltering unless I am out and about by 7 in the morning.

Not much happening today, I will be going out for my walk this morning, working on a few projects during the latter part of the morning (as well as this afternoon). Then tonight we will go out for supper to one of the eating establishments that we haven't visited since new owners took over.

I am also going to email the buyer for our property in a small town (part of Dad's estate) and attach the bill of sale to it asking if there are any corrections before I mail it to him to sign and mail back. I would really like this done before the end of this month but it does not look like that will happen and it is partially my own fault.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening. I am still searching through books to see if there is anything I can incorporate easily into our lifestyle.

Well off to get started on my Saturday chores (what few there actually are) and go for my morning walk about.

I will probably check in later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning Jackie and All~
I slept at my kids house last night to take care of the two dogs. Kids and grandkids are away for two nights.

The tree crew started yesterday. We are having several dead ash trees removed. Ash borer has killed so many.
Four thousand dollar bill.....ouch. I totally understand it though..it is such dangerous work. The trees have to come down...they have become a real hazard. That is what the emergency fund is for and I am so glad we have one.

Hope everyone has a great day!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We are getting a little bit of a break with the heat this morning. It is ( 76 F) (34.C). Chance of thunderstorms later on and the temp might go up to (88 F) (31.C ). I hope the storms are not severe since Teddi does not handle them well. Do not know what was going on but last night around 9:00 PM someone started shooting a big gun. It was very close and scared Teddi so much. I too was concerned about what was going on. There were about 8 shots in a row.

Today I will just be puttering in the kitchen trying to get ahead with my cooking. I never seem to be able to do that but I keep trying.

I am still working on setting up my new e-mail program and notifying people of the change of address. Thanks Maggie for telling me about gmail. I like their format better.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:10 am Good morning Jackie and All~
I slept at my kids house last night to take care of the two dogs. Kids and grandkids are away for two nights.

The tree crew started yesterday. We are having several dead ash trees removed. Ash borer has killed so many.
Four thousand dollar bill.....ouch. I totally understand it though..it is such dangerous work. The trees have to come down...they have become a real hazard. That is what the emergency fund is for and I am so glad we have one.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Trees that is a big ouch. Sorry to hear it is going to cost you so much but glad you do have the funds to cover it. Glad you are being safety minded and having them removed.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My stomach was acting up last night so I didn’t fall asleep until after 11 PM. I am feeling fine today, just tired.

I washed the fabric to make the phone bag. Since I have 2 yards of each fabric it is enough to make at 2 or 3 more bags with the fabric. Navy blue with white polka dots and red with white polka dots. I bought this to try making some different types of bags.

I have a dress wash in the washer, I then need to soak some towels and other things as I got blood on them from a cut on my finger this morning. I did it just before my shower.

I found another bag I might make. I saved the pattern. I also decided to make the Stuffed Gnome I want to make 50% of the original size. I am not sure if I will make the smaller size. But time will tell.

I set off the dishwasher. I plan on just puttering today once the laundry is finished.

I have been sewing dolls to make Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsberg dolls. I have a 3” doll pattern and the dress. I will then crochet the collar for the dolls. I also want to make at least one old fashioned doll. I made several of them years ago. My mom bought me a kit to make them when I visited her several years ago. This is the doll pattern that I used to dolls with the knit dresses.

Penny