Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, I am going to love retirement. DH does not have the stamina to do much yard work any more, but I have found I can if I do it in little bits and don't wear myself out. I don't have his eye for planting but like to keep things weeded and pruned.

DH asked me to make us pancakes and bacon for supper along with preparing spaghetti for following nights, so I was in the kitchen about three hours. Also mixed up bread dough for two little round loaves rolled in everything bagel seasoning -- marvelous! -- and peeled and cut up a ripe papaya as a side for the pancakes.

In between cooking sessions, I vacuumed the cloth upholstery and laundered the tablecloth and the bathroom curtains. The house looks so nice and I am going to push myself to keep it up and not collapse after work every evening.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Hubby got the bird feeder set up properly, the light up on the gate post, the new lights up around the BBQ gazebo and the lawn mowed. He even managed to pick kohlrabi for our supper.

I finished the second pattern sewn. I am not completely happy with the collar, but a couple of tweaks should fix it.

Tonight I will do some pinning of those 4" squares for the next quilt top. Things peoject wise are moving along. I just may get some cards done this week as well. Hopefully I get enough done so I feel like I have accomplished lots.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Back from the gender reveal...it's a boy!!! I have said all along that it was a boy. This is a family friend and we are all very close.
Great fun, all outdoors and we had a nachco/taco bar set up in the garage.
I just about foundered myself on the guacamole that DD took. seriously I loved it.

I will Not be eating supper tonight!!! Possibly bread and butter but not a meal...
The chuck roast that I had in the crock pot was done perfectly when I got home, it has been sliced and is ready to be refrigerated so all of the fat can be removed. I cannot eat fat.

It has turned off very hot and humid, we really need rain...south of us has had too much but we need it.

Mackie, I find I do much better if I break up the yard work into some every day. I also consolidated small flowerbeds into a couple larger ones and large pots ...So much easier.
Same in the house, do something everyday and you have very few overly busy days.

JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:33 am Yippee!! Fall is around the corner.. lol. I hate summer! Even as little kid I could not stand summer heat.
Oh my goodness. Summer just started. I want to enjoy it first. :roll:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm Oh my goodness. Summer just started. I want to enjoy it first. :roll:

Maggie enjoy your summer while I hide out waiting for Fall..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:54 am Good morning. Happy Father's Day to all Dads. I miss mine also.

Yesterday late afternoon we started to get severe thunderstorm watches and warnings. The storms came in waves. We had very little rain here but lots of thunder, lightening, and high winds. A branch of the St. Louis airport in IL, about 40 miles south of here, had winds clocking in at 77 mph. My brother lives about 30 miles north of me and they had 5 inches of rain and an area about 20 miles north of him had 8 inches of rain in 90 minutes. The St. Louis metro area had huge wind damage and lots of hail and rain with 35,000 people without power. This morning they said there were still about 9,000 without power. All night long they kept posting massive flash flooding. Right now it is lovely with the sun shining and a cool to warmish breeze unfortunately we are suppose to have a repeat of these storms starting around 11:00 PM. Feel sorry for those that have had damage and with their power off. I am sure a lot of them have lost a lot of the food they had planned for Father's Day celebrations. This makes me more determined to save faster to buy a solar generator for my fridge. I have lost food in the past due to prolonged power outages and it rough trying to restock with limited income.

Teddi was freaking out during the storms although I have found if we isolate to my master bedroom, close the door, and turn the TV volume up he does somewhat better. He is just now waking up and not ready to go out but then again he went out late last night after the storms were over.

Today I hope to cook ahead.. That is always a plan but rarely happens. I will need to bake a pork roast for Teddi for his evening meal. There is enough to get him through this morning. I had hoped not to buy any more food until July 1st but the other roast will not last that long. I do have the money just trying to not spend if at all possible.

Christmas Trees keeping your DH and you in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome tomorrow with his surgery.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Thank you Janet!